Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need a 'hatsmith' in SoCal

Oldsarge

One Too Many
I've got a wool felt Indiana Jones that I want converted to a full-race Safari with tan twill band like the ones on pith helmets and the higher, steeper crown. Where in my area (SoCal Borderlands) is a feller who can do that so I won't mess the thing up trying it myself. Thanx, guys.

hatflick1

Practically Family
Hat Conversion

Try Baron's Hats in Bubank. They have a website.
http://www.baronhats.com/
Ideal choice for such an alteration. However, the last I heard, they are extremely busy. You may want to call there to see if there's any point going until into '09.
Another option maybe Hollywood Hatters on Melrose. I know they clean and re-block. I assume they re-shape, as well.

Lon Goval

Familiar Face
SoCal Borderlands?

Large area! Is this Imperial County or San Diego County? Or another area? I have some hat work done in El Cajon, Ca. at Boot Barn.

Ralph

Oldsarge

One Too Many
John in Covina said:
Is it worth it to have work like this done on a wool felt hat?

For one who actually goes on safari? Yes. For one who merely wants to look like he goes on safari, probably not. I'm starting to look towards my sixth and my old hat has seen better days. Now that one was too cheap to try and salvage, so this is a bit of a step up. I'm not taking a serious fur felt into the bush.

Oldsarge

One Too Many
Lon Goval said:
Large area! Is this Imperial County or San Diego County? Or another area? I have some hat work done in El Cajon, Ca. at Boot Barn.

Ralph

I've got a Boot Barn near by in Los Alamitos. I'll give them a shout. It's the twill hat band I'm after that might cause problems . . . unless someone knows of a good source for zebra skin bands?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk