Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

need help finding a new hat

ABrew

New in Town
I have been searching high and low for a new hat but cannot find anything that will fit.

I would like to find a black or gray stingy fedora in a 7 7/8. Everyone seems to cut off at 7 5/8.

Oh and nothing too expensive it will be a more causal knockabout hat. Thanks guys I know if anyone can help it will be your guys

JohnnyB53

One of the Regulars
There are a couple of stingy brim fedoras under $50 here. If you google "large size hats" it'll return a lot of hat vendors that specialize in them. From there, look for their few stingy brim fedoras. They'll usually be around the price point you're looking for.

StylinLA

Familiar Face
Easy for me to spend your money...

...but if want a sharp hat, you'd be well served to have one custom made.

There are plenty of custom hat makers available if you poke around in here, but I'm biased towards Vintage Silhouettes/Art Fawcett and Optimo.

They're pricey, but worth it.

JohnnyB53

One of the Regulars
StylinLA said:
...but if want a sharp hat, you'd be well served to have one custom made.

There are plenty of custom hat makers available if you poke around in here, but I'm biased towards Vintage Silhouettes/Art Fawcett and Optimo.

They're pricey, but worth it.
Another approach would be to get an Akubra Sydney from David Morgan. He carries up to size 64 (8). You'd be a 64 (7-7/8). Then trim the brim to your preference, or ask Morgan to do it--maybe they would.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo