Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need help identifiying razor/where to find blades

Rainsfan89

New in Town
Hi everyone, while cleaning in the garage the other day, I found an old safety razor that belonged to my dad. It's a Gillette razor, and you twist on the handle to open up where you put in the blade. It also has a number dial that goes 1-9 which I believe is what you use to change the guard length. I've tried to include some pictures, but for some reason, they won't upload here :/ . Any help identifying it would be appreciated, as I haven't been able to find a serial number or model number.

Thanks,

Matt

Rainsfan89

New in Town
Thanks! Both sites seems to have a large selection of blades. Are double-sided safety razor blades a " one size fits all" type deal?

Rainsfan89

New in Town
I've heard of that site before. I'll give them a look. Thanks for your help. A question about uploading photos on here, are we able to upload photos from our computer on to the site? When I tried earlier, it wouldn't let me.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I've heard of that site before. I'll give them a look. Thanks for your help. A question about uploading photos on here, are we able to upload photos from our computer on to the site? When I tried earlier, it wouldn't let me.

Hello, you will have to upload to a "host" service such as photobucket and then you can put them on here. If you use photobucket you will see a place to click on a selection/field IMG and when you do it will say, "copied" then when you have done that, use the area here where you see an icon above where you would type to make a post, you will see a blue/green "planet"with a link (looks like a link from an anchor chain), click on that, you will get a "field" to enter your cursor, clink on it and use the "paste" mouse click, and your photo will then be loaded onto the page. I know it all sounds like a lot to do, but it is easy after you do it a few times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany