Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

need help w/ "Casablanca" themed wedding

waingirl

One of the Regulars
Hi ladies, my name is waingirl and I am new to the group. I am getting married in Sept. 2007. I just love everything vintage, sooooo, I've decided to do a Casablanca themed wedding. I would love it if you would give me any ideas and imput. This is what I have so far....My fiance will wear a tux just like Humphrey Bogart in the movie. The whole reception area will be "Rick's Cafe Americain". All of my tables will have table lamps with beaded lampshades (good thing I have over a year and a half to bead lampshades!), there will be moroccan things here and there. Lots of plants. The ladies room will have a toiletry basket filled with hairspray, lotion, safety pins etc, everything will be labeled in french. I have 2 Marie Claire French magazines from 1940, those will go in there also. The ladies room will be the Paris flashbacks. Instead of reply cards, I have bought vintage Paris postcards that will have "We'll always have Paris" on them along with the menu choices and number attending. Around the bar area I will have vintage Life magazines and other vintage magazines. My dress is not vintage, but not poofy either. I think I may change into something vintage (also a little more comfortable) I thought of maybe on the invitations saying something like "Vintage dress encouraged" So now I don't know what else to do, I've run out of idea's. Anything you ladies can add would be great!!! Thank you.

Burma Shave

One of the Regulars
Gotta make sure ...

...you have the event at a smoking-friendly establishment. Can't have a Bogie-themed ANYTHING if people aren't allowed to indulge their nicotine fit. Assuming this fits your idea of a good time, you may even want to spring for some halfway decent cigars for the "clientele," as a party favor of sorts.

Definitely must have a pianist. You could actually get off quite inexpensively on the reception entertainment. Instead of a band, just hire a pianist and a dishy songstress!

Mycroft

One Too Many
Burma Shave said:
...you have the event at a smoking-friendly establishment. Can't have a Bogie-themed ANYTHING if people aren't allowed to indulge their nicotine fit. Assuming this fits your idea of a good time, you may even want to spring for some halfway decent cigars for the "clientele," as a party favor of sorts.

Definitely must have a pianist. You could actually get off quite inexpensively on the reception entertainment. Instead of a band, just hire a pianist and a dishy songstress!

Give out candy/gum cigettes. Also, have the waiters wear tuxes and red fezes. For seating cards (if you have them) be passports mock ups. HAve the videotographer if you are having one film the wedding in Black and White and also for color.

Trickeration

Practically Family
Congratulations on your marriage and welcome to the Lounge!

You may have already thought of this, but you don't want to forget the vintage "get-away" car for when you leave. Call local car clubs and see might we willing to rent themselves and their car at the end of the night. You can find them online pretty easily.

I must say, too, I'm impressed with the guy's input here. You 4 have put in more than my husband did for our wedding! And they're all great ideas. I really like the pianist, fezes and passport seating cards. Very good visuals. And the toast is great, too.

For the chocolate cigarettes, cigars and other 1940's candy and gum (with great labels), check out Candy Crate online. Here's the link http://store.yahoo.com/candy-crate/

katiemakeup

Practically Family
I love the Paris post card idea! Sounds like a wonderful event, maybe pictures from the movie as place cards?

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
And the first dance with the bride?

To Perfidia, of course. A recording if need be.

Table centerpieces can be that plane to Lisbon (somehow).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy