Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need opinion of my new j-23 jacket

The standard JL hide is about 3 oz. That is why the jackets you tried on didn't feel as substantial as the LW. I have one of those, and it is, as you said, "user friendly." I bought it as a street jacket and didn't want a heavy hide. I have another from JL that is about 4 oz. which I bought as a dedicated motorcycle jacket. I would put that jacket up against anything made by LW. I have had it for three or four years, and it still stands on its own. It is broken in and comfortable to wear on the motorcycle, but still very substantial with lots of character. It is more than I want to deal with as a street jacket, but that's not what I bought it for.
I agree, I don't see the body of my JL ever becoming very soft...it's really a foul weather winter jacket for me and it outweighs the LW by a large margin. I'm talking by 3 or 4 pounds!

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Wow! As you all indicate, the two JL jackets I tried were cowhide and softer 3 maybe 3.5 oz hide but no more. Sounds like you really can't go wrong with either, price of LW may be higher than JL, go with what you like better...or just keep breaking in the LW that you showed earlier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart