Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need some advice on an Akubra

Here is a 5 sided diamond with the arrowhead inner dome, ala Jimmy the Lid, in a Heritage CD Deluxe....
Photo-0097-1.jpg

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Hard to do Cain?
Egghead's advice is essentially the same I read here some years ago, when I bought my first Federation. The dry bash to make sure you like a given look is a good idea, but when it comes time to shape, a spritzing of distilled water is usually all you need. I think someone here has posted a video on YouTube of how to bash your hat into a diamond or teardrop.

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
Ok just a little update. I bought the hat Thursday night which is Friday afternoon in AUS. I poneyed up for the quick shipping and as of tuesday evening/wednesday in aus it is still in melbourne according to the tracking number. Not what I expected when it said expedited 3-4 days lol

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Keep in mind that a center dent will make the hat a bit less intimidating than a teardrop, C, or diamond crease, as the latter 3 stand the sides of the crown straighter up. Experiment and you'll see what looks best on you.

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
Ok express shipping took around 9 days FYI. Here are some prelim shots of the hat. Creased it in the evening so no good lighting, but have been wearing it all night even through mando practice. More pics to come
d769a252041d9ed9e95255eff286bc7c.jpg
74c53a1eebe058de7e3ae0db8f29991d.jpg
0bac6e901d4041477f521e0b8e47436f.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters