Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

need some brutal honesty!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
OK, here we go again. Here's option #3. I was thinking over all the advice and made something based on that. I'm thinking that the halter is too casual for the event in question. In the past, I've won it to BBQs and drunken bashes. This is a book launch for a friend's first published book. Desi, is there enough lead in this pencil? The V is comes just to my bra straps, so I can still wear the push-up bra. once finished, it will come down another 1/2in or so.
2757085091_25b863d1c0.jpg

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Laura Chase said:
This thread really got me thinking about how easy it is for me to see what looks good on someone else, but I can never see it as clearly on myself. So I was wondering, kamikat, did you have a feeling that the flowered dress was more beautiful on you and the collared dress less flattering?

Seeing the pictures makes it easier to see that the flowered dress is better. Looking in the mirror is a bit hard to see that.

Inky

One Too Many
kamikat said:
OK, here we go again. Here's option #3. I was thinking over all the advice and made something based on that. I'm thinking that the halter is too casual for the event in question. In the past, I've won it to BBQs and drunken bashes. This is a book launch for a friend's first published book. Desi, is there enough lead in this pencil?
2757085091_25b863d1c0.jpg

Ok, now with some clarification on the type of event, the halter dress might be to casual if it is a plain cotton (though dressed up with my aforementioned shiny red patent shoes and bag could be glammed up a bit).

But this dress I like very much on you, especially in a drop dead black satin. The empire waist and the waistline darts are very slimming, and I love a good v-neck. The sleeves also do not seem to hit you in a bad spot (I am very arm sensitive myself with bat wings as a side-effect of my gastric bypass).

The Shirt

Practically Family
Kamikat - I think this modification is a winner. You look slim and elegant. Cannot wait to see it in black. Perhaps a nice sparkly brooch, a great pair of heels and that darling updo you were sporting in the "show us your hairdos" thread. Any man is going to kick himself when you walk into the room on your hubby's arm.

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
The third dress is the best. I suggest making it in a matte fabric, though, not satin. The shininess will spotlight curves that you might wish to camoflage.

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
I like the modifications Kamikat. Don't be afraid to make it slim at the knees.. maybe with a kick pleat in the back?

I think it will look smashing in black satin. I agree with the darker colors..

What jewelry will you be wearing with it? Gloves? Clutch? Shoes?

hotrodmama0201

Familiar Face
Are you going to wear that dress, only in black? I would stay away from white and definitely wear black or something with a pattern like the flowered dress. I just really think those would be more flattering on you and compliment your skin tone/har color too.
White is a hard color to wear, IMO. I don't find it flattering on most people.
You've got a gorgeous skin/hair color combo and I think the white totally takes away from it.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
hotrodmama0201 said:
Are you going to wear that dress, only in black? I would stay away from white and definitely wear black or something with a pattern like the flowered dress. I just really think those would be more flattering on you and compliment your skin tone/har color too.
White is a hard color to wear, IMO. I don't find it flattering on most people.
You've got a gorgeous skin/hair color combo and I think the white totally takes away from it.

Yes, probably in black. I use the white fabric to test garments because it's only $1.50 per yard.

Blondie

Practically Family
KamiKat,
The third dress style is a winner,
seriously think about another fabric than satin,
satin shows every bump, not saying you have bumps,
BUT if you are out to make a statement maybe satin isn't the fabric to do it in !
You are stunning regardless, play up your boobies , red hair and gorgeous face & i am sure you will knock em ALL dead or at least leave all the men drooling :eusa_clap ( and prob. a few women too )
Just my 2 cents worth !!

Naama

Practically Family
kamikat said:
hmm and I tend to stick to darker colors, hoping they make me look slimmer.

I don't know, I think that the coulours are very good for you're complexion and hair! Maybe just use some dark but vibrant colours (like dark red) Or am I the only one thinking like that?

Naama

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
After all the warnings against satin, I've decided to go with lace. I am so excited to get started on this thang!

Naama, you may be on to something. For this dress, I'm going with black because I feel great in black, but trying to find bright red bakelight necklace, earrings. I looked for dark lace, but all they had was black, then pastels. I'm going start adding dark colors to my wardrobe.

hotrodmama0201

Familiar Face
kamikat said:
After all the warnings against satin, I've decided to go with lace. I am so excited to get started on this thang!

Naama, you may be on to something. For this dress, I'm going with black because I feel great in black, but trying to find bright red bakelight necklace, earrings. I looked for dark lace, but all they had was black, then pastels. I'm going start adding dark colors to my wardrobe.

Yay lovely lady! I can't wait to see the pics.

BitterEpiphany

Familiar Face
I like you in color as well. Black is so harsh on light skin (mine anyway) Charcoals and Chocolatey Browns are more gentle, but I'm a sucker for a jeweltone.

glamour-girl

One of the Regulars
i know i'm alone on this one, but it doesn't really matter what dress you'll wear. you'v lost so much weight :eusa_clap and you have such a lovely figure, you look absolutely radiant (especially with your new haircut...)

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
glamour-girl said:
i know i'm alone on this one, but it doesn't really matter what dress you'll wear. you'v lost so much weight :eusa_clap and you have such a lovely figure, you look absolutely radiant (especially with your new haircut...)

Wow! Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner