Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need some help for Highwayman measurements

COLORADO

New in Town
Hello Gentlemen,
I received last november my Zip sleeves Highwayman in size 40, I posted photographs on a thread last December.Today I should like to order Highwayman in FQHH, but I hesitate for size, does somebody have a Highwayman in 38? That would be very nice to give me the measurememts to be sure before ordering.
Cheers

Colorado

wild_balls

Practically Family
Hi,

My Highwayman in FQHH size 38 with custom made zip sleeves will be delivered to me this Wednesday! I will come back with the measurements.

Cheers

Joakim

COLORADO

New in Town
Hi,

My Highwayman in FQHH size 38 with custom made zip sleeves will be delivered to me this Wednesday! I will come back with the measurements.

Cheers

Joakim

Hi Joakim,
Enjoy the breaking in period, I can smell the new horsehide from here. It's one of the best moment after long weeks to wait when UPS is at your door!!!Thanks for your answer and show us your Highwayman.
Manuel

Peacoat

Bartender
Colorado: I think you may be going about it backwards. My Highwayman indicates a size 42, but I didn't order a size 42; I sent them my measurements, and Aero built the jacket according to the measurements I sent. Turned out it was a 42 (or closer to a 42 than any other size), which is the size I normally wear, but I didn't tell them that size. If you send your measurements, Aero will figure it out. At least that has been my experience.

P.C.

wild_balls

Practically Family
Hi again,

It has arrived, absolutely stunning! I can't find words!!! The measurements zipped laying flat are: standard size 38, pit to pit 23", shoulder to shoulder 18,5"
, collarseam to bottom (back) 24", armlength top of shoulder to end of sleeve 25,5".

I think I might wear it as a pyjamas tonight!!!

Cheers, Joakim

volleykinginnc

Familiar Face
Hi again,

It has arrived, absolutely stunning! I can't find words!!! The measurements zipped laying flat are: standard size 38, pit to pit 23", shoulder to shoulder 18,5"
, collarseam to bottom (back) 24", armlength top of shoulder to end of sleeve 25,5".

Cheers, Joakim
Dammit man we don't need words we need pics!!

Peacoat

Bartender
No one has permission to upload from the computer. As Crow says, use Photobucket. When you get an account, if you don't already have one, it is easy to upload and then download to this forum.

COLORADO

New in Town
Hi again,

Cheers, Joakim

Hi Joakim,
Thanks for your measurements informations, enjoy with your Aero but be careful because when you get one, you want another one and another one....... show us pictures with you wearing your fantastic jacket.
I wish you a "good night“ with leather pyjamas

Manuel:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

COLORADO

New in Town
Hi again,

Cheers, Joakim

Hi Joakim,
I hope you are still enjoy with your Aero. I need your help again. It should be nice and helpfull to give your measurements before I place an order to Aero . Weight, tall, and chest.
Thank you so much and excuse me for my english but I trying my best.
Manuel

My advice for anyone ordering is to just trust Aero. Get good, accurate numbers, let them know how you want it to fit, and even send some pics of you so they can see your shape. They know how to make jackets. I overthunk my first orders too - but don't. The hard part is picking the jacket and the wait. Otherwise, let them do their thing :)

COLORADO

New in Town
My advice for anyone ordering is to just trust Aero. Get good, accurate numbers, let them know how you want it to fit, and even send some pics of you so they can see your shape. They know how to make jackets. I overthunk my first orders too - but don't. The hard part is picking the jacket and the wait. Otherwise, let them do their thing :)

Hi,
you're right. Thank for the advice.
Cheers
Manuel

HorseHide

One of the Regulars

I'm not disagreeing per se but I will caution that Aero coats can fit "differently" and stiff horsehide can exacerbate those differences (softer leathers tend to drape more). On the Highwayman, the coat is boxy and, IMO, short. If you like that great, otherwise you can spend a lot of time and money not getting the jacket of your dreams.

Your points are correct - but that's why one needs to look at the design (model of jacket), look at pics of others, and most importantly, HONESTLY APPRAISE YOUR OWN BODY TYPE! That last one is the most important to me. I'm not a 5-10" weightlifter. Some are not 6-4" and slender. I think many folks project an image if a jacket seen on someone else and think it will automatically make them look a certain way. A jacket isn't going to make you look buff/thin/tall. Be honest with yourself, and you'll get a good fit. And let's be honest here, I've flipped about 12 jackets in the last year alone in search of what I like. I'd never tell anyone that simply ordering a jacket will place you in hide-heaven. Some folks love the pics of the FQHH and once they get it, can't deal with the break-in. Some don't realize how heavy it is. Others fudge the numbers. There's a whole host of reasons why a jacket can disappoint. Every now and then you even read of mistakes on the part of the makers. While disappointing, it's understandable. They're hand-made. If you want a perfectly bland jacket, get an off the rack number (of course that's not always true, just hyperbole for the point)
I spent over a year looking, reading, asking, before I placed my first custom order. But I also over thought it in many ways. Once you get one under your belt, it's easier to relax. A little lol
Look at the bright side, second-hand jackets are a great deal - especially ones that are new! I've flipped ~6 jackets that were merely tried on, then sold. That's OK because I've also bought ~3 new jackets for 1/2 the price that someone else flipped. Pay it forward...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner