Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need some perspective on perceived defect on leather jacket.

tek8080

Familiar Face
I bought this Vanson Chopper used. Seller made no mention of any defects, and described it as very good condition and lightly used. When I received it, something stuck out to me immediately that was not shown in the pictures.

Anybody seen anything like this before? I'm not sure if it's just loose grain, or if something corrosive that got on the jacket. It's about the size of a quarter. Smooth and with what I can only describe as a skin tag. It's raised, almost like it was pinched in something.

Sometimes I can get a bit OCD about stuff, so just wondering what others think. Is durability a concern? Would it bother you?

20230311_175950.jpg
20230311_174703.jpg

jeo

One Too Many
It's hard to tell from the photos. The first pic looks like a tear. The second pic looks more like what you're describing, which I've seen before and could be the way they received it. Either way, this should have been pointed out in the sale ad. The fact that it wasn't mentioned or photographed is very suspect.

I wouldn’t be happy.

The first pic looks like a puncture though. May not take much, lay something pointy on top of jacket with some weight and boom. How did the seller pack the jacket? If seller folded the jacket tightly when shipping it is possible one of the side belts at the bottom hem of the chopper punctured the hide. Both have happened to me.

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
Possible decoration of some sort. Like a flag or some other type of pin …You’ll live with it if you like the jacket …

tek8080

Familiar Face
Appreciate the input, Fellas. I must have taken 30 pictures and none came out that well or made it look like it does in person. It wasn't a pin because there's no hole in the opposite side. I pulled the raised tab of leather back a little with my fingernail and it definitely looked like the top layer had the potential to peel off. It would of bugged me too much. I spoke to the seller and he was fine with accepting the return and seemed like he realized he should have pointed that out. I think I'm just going to stick to the classifieds. Never once had a single issue. Cannot say the same for eBay...

The Chopper though... Man what a sweet jacket. I think I'm just going to order a brand new one next time Vanson runs a sale.

tek8080

Familiar Face
I wouldn’t be happy.

The first pic looks like a puncture though. May not take much, lay something pointy on top of jacket with some weight and boom. How did the seller pack the jacket? If seller folded the jacket tightly when shipping it is possible one of the side belts at the bottom hem of the chopper punctured the hide. Both have happened to me.
That's a good point. The seller never said if it was there before or not... It was very tightly packed in a box way too small for it. Folded in half and then folded in half again and then crammed.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The extreme zoom in the first picture is misleading. Seems to be a scratch to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ