Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need suggestions for party music please :)

Miss Vixen

New in Town
I am having a retro cocktail party in a month and have everything set except the music. Does anyone have any good suggestions of good cds that are out there?? I want old style cocktail lounge music and I do not own any :) any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Vix

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
"Blossom Dearie is always good, also Carmen Cavallero, think Cocktail Piano, you want background music that does not drowned out polite conversation"

blossom%20dearie.jpg

djhatman

One of the Regulars
Richard Cheese can be very fun. He covers modern song in a lounge style of sing. I would warn you he does keep the swearing in the song so that may offend so people.

klind65

One of the Regulars
Suggestions

Hello. Take a look at "Cocktails with Cole Porter", Paul Desmond's "Take Ten", " Stan Getz plays", " Capitol sings Jimmy McHugh", Steve Lawrence, "Ella Fitzgerald sings...": Rogers and Hart or Jerome Kern, or Gershwin etc... (All available on Amazon). Good luck, kind wishes, klind65:)

Perez "Prez" Prado is the Mambo King and there's nothing more retro than Mambo. Again do an Amazon search to see what comes up. Prez did a number of original Mambos and was a whiz at Mambo-izing many familiar hit songs too!

Talbot

One Too Many
Try the Martini Kings

These guys are terrific. I have some of their CD's and plan to get many more.

If you are running to a tight budget and have a computer, there are a few stations over on live365.com that cover cocktail or lounge music.

This blog is also very informative http://xtabaysworld.blogspot.com/

Talbot

conrad5157

One of the Regulars
All good choices so far, I'll recommend the Nat King Cole Trio. You can get the excellent "Cool Cole" box set for about 25 bucks. The sound quality is superb, like they've setup in you living room.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats