Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NERD ALERT PART II

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Ok, so now we now that Peter isn't just "borrowing" powers from the others around him, he also absorbs them, like Sylar, but with out killing them.
Ok, but what I wanna know is, is Peter going to turn back time and unkill the girl?

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
pretty faythe said:
Ok, so now we now that Peter isn't just "borrowing" powers from the others around him, he also absorbs them, like Sylar, but with out killing them.
Ok, but what I wanna know is, is Peter going to turn back time and unkill the girl?

Resurrect the girl or all the victims of Sylar?

Shearer

Practically Family
Just watched the last ep from DVR...

I was sorry to see Ando go but I'm glad that Hiro's plot is finally going to get going...!

As for the bullet, I think Hiro DID stop it... and rewind it? He had his eyes closed so I think he's putting it down to misfire because he thinks he can't use his powers without the sword.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Shearer said:
Just watched the last ep from DVR...

I was sorry to see Ando go but I'm glad that Hiro's plot is finally going to get going...!

As for the bullet, I think Hiro DID stop it... and rewind it? He had his eyes closed so I think he's putting it down to misfire because he thinks he can't use his powers without the sword.

OK Maybe he rewound it...
but if he had rewound it to a point to halt her long enuff to be tackled...I would buy it.
But he rewound it to a point where the bullet then misfired & her hand snapped back. So the event was changed.More liek the bullets velocity was reversed.
More like the telekinesis that Peter used against being beaten with the stick earlier in the episode.

Incidentally, did Nathan's comment about puttign all the Heroes on an island to be studied by scientists sound like a jab at LOST?

Shearer

Practically Family
Ooo, good point MrBern, you're right. The event was totally changed, which is interesting. And didn't the gun make a 'click' noise like it locked up as if a round got stuck in the chamber? If you're firing a gun and run out of ammo or it gets jammed, a lot of the time your hand will automatically jerk as if it had fired. Verrry interesting! I'm totally with you on that one now! Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

As for Nathan's island comment: Hee! Sometimes I wonder why I'm still watching LOST, but I've put in too much time to quit now :rolleyes:

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Shearer said:
Ooo, good point MrBern, you're right. The event was totally changed, which is interesting. And didn't the gun make a 'click' noise like it locked up as if a round got stuck in the chamber? If you're firing a gun and run out of ammo or it gets jammed, a lot of the time your hand will automatically jerk as if it had fired. Verrry interesting! I'm totally with you on that one now! Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

As for Nathan's island comment: Hee! Sometimes I wonder why I'm still watching LOST, but I've put in too much time to quit now :rolleyes:

Yeah...in other TimeFreeze's Hiro was able to reposition elements.Like cheating at Roulette. In this gunfire instance, he wasnt sure what happened.
And the way the girl got tackled right away, made me wonder if Time was stopped, or had it jsut been slowed & reversed for her & the boys. Giving tiem for others to converge on her.
For a while his powers were gettign stronger. But look at when he tried to steel the Katana, he was only able to slow time, & make a hastey departure.

I guess we'll find out next week.

As for Lost, I really enjoyed the first year & a half, now I'm sick of the questions answered w/ questions pattern. Even tho its probably one of the most accomplished network sci-fi shows. I have to admire that its appeal has transcended sci-fi fans.
-b

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
MrBern said:
As for Lost, I really enjoyed the first year & a half, now I'm sick of the questions answered w/ questions pattern. Even tho its probably one of the most accomplished network sci-fi shows. I have to admire that its appeal has transcended sci-fi fans.
-b
What did we all think of last night's LOST?
(reply in the original "NERD ALERT" thread!)

Shearer

Practically Family
See? See how things are moving along and questions are being answered? See how it's not hard...? LOST, I'm looking at you.

And we got to see little, tiny Hiro. And his up-to-no-good dad. And Claude. And... Eric Roberts?

Am I the only one wondering how they will explain things to the Fire Dept. and police in Odessa? :eek:

Shearer said:
Am I the only one wondering how they will explain things to the Fire Dept. and police in Odessa? :eek:

Nuclear waste? All I know is that I wouldn't want to be a fireman trying to fight that fire. :eusa_doh: At least not without a special suit for all that radiation. :eek: Obviously they can't live there again.
I wouldn't even want to be an insurance representative. [huh]

Regards,

J

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
Nuclear waste? All I know is that I wouldn't want to be a fireman trying to fight that fire. :eusa_doh: At least not without a special suit for all that radiation. :eek: Obviously they can't live there again.
I wouldn't even want to be an insurance representative. [huh]

Regards,

J

I was thinking about that!
How are they gonna explain all of them not getting radiation poisoning? Except for Claire...
After all, a critical point is that radiationguy's wife is dead of cancer!

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
I just saw tomorrow's episode today. (I share Hiro's power.)

It's a humdinger doozy. You'll be pleased. Peter gets a - ahem - haircut.

Shearer

Practically Family
Yes, I hear Peter's hair bothers a lot of people :eek: But he actually reminds me of a barrista I used to ogle.

April 23rd? Really?

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yet another good episode. They were wise to exclude Jessica/ Nikki for the past few weeks, so their presence didn't really bother me this time.
And yes, ANOTHER hiatus! It's ok, I think this show is worth waiting for. On the other hand, I doubt LOST will ever make that mistake again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart