Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NERD ALERT PART II

anabolina

A-List Customer
MrBern said:
Actually, there was that episode when Hiro fell in love , Sylar ate her brain & all the time travel trying to save her was fruitless & left his powers diminished. Hiro has since been concerned about creating time rifts.

I am amused that Peter has amnesia...and a new haircut.

Did Sylar actually eat her brain, I thought she died anyway of a brain aneurism?

I do like Peter's haircut, my sister says its less 'emo' lol and she kinda misses the old one.

Anyone else bummed at DLs death? I know sme character had to go, but I liked DL and liked him even more after seeing the deleted scenes.

pretty faythe

One Too Many
I like how they are showing how the powers are a family trait. IE Micahs cousin which I have nick named "as seen on tv girl" has photographic reflexes. Whatever she sees, she can do.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Anyone remember this show?? I had all but written it off, but Monday's episode made me have faith again. I see what they're doing now( I guess the writers finally figured OUT what to do!), and I think we're in for some cool stuff!

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
NERDS

< :eek:fftopic: >

The definition of a "nerd" as "participant in a serial narrative fiction fanship" is unnecessarily restrictive.

In truth all Fedora Loungers are nerds, in the sense of being passionate about something (anything) that separates us from the general run of society.

Subculture, especially subculture that doesn't require acts of sex, violence, or physical prowess, is as nerdy as fanship.

< / :eek:fftopic: >

flat-top

jake_fink said:
I'm not watching this season, but this is interesting.

'Heroes' Creator Apologizes to Fans

So, the way to "fix" something is by going back and doing what you've already done? Kinda boring.
Very similar to what happened with LOST's creators last year. I think it's great that these guys are listening to the public opinion and fixing what used to be a great show. The Nov. 5th episode really seems like it got the show back on track, and I think LOST will be amazing when it comes back, since the retooling was already happening by last year's finale.

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Ok, so we know this mysterious note from "Adam" to Peter is from the Japanese legenad guy...I don't want to spell it because I know I will spell it sooooo wrong. They mentioned that the Nightmare Man is actually being used by Adam..., which is like, the ORIGIANAL person with powers, so to speak, right. So, he wasn't just a self-healer like Claire, he's immortal? Bob did mention Adam has a God Complex....Is he still angry 300 or so years later that the Princess was actually in love with Hiro? Geez, that should have been enough time to get over it already, talk about festering :p he's worse than Sylar. And Sylar with his "shiny new toy". Actually I kinda dig him...always did have a soft spot for a touch of nerd, and he's evil....lol

Josephine

One Too Many
pretty faythe said:
So, he wasn't just a self-healer like Claire, he's immortal?

I wouldn't say he's immortal, but with his self healing powers, he can 'fix' any part of himself that gets ill, either form injury or age, so I think he has the potential to live a very long time (like Wolverine! Who had a Japanese fixation too... Hmmm.... o_O). Just how long he can live, we may never know. :)

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
something cute.
a fan modified some legos to look like HEROES.
936257801_033911578a.jpg

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
anabolina said:
Did Sylar actually eat her brain, I thought she died anyway of a brain aneurism?

Charlie?
top of head lopped off & brain eaten.
hro_1008_013.jpg

By comparison, interesting how Hiro again risked a time rift & diminishing his powers to timetravel to his father's aid.
Maybe the writers forgot, but when Hiro tried to avert Charlie's fate, his powers were weakened for several episodes. No indication of this after seeking out his father's killer.

pretty faythe

One Too Many
I love those Legos...cute.
I keep forgetting to watch the last 2 episodes...grr. And I am leaving my house soon for a pick up of offspring, so I don't want to start watching now, and not be able to finish an episode. Which means, it will slip my mind again when I get home. Grr

Ok, just finished watching them....Arg what a way to end it...that sucks. I support all union members, but drat it all trying to condense a seaon down like that on such short notice sucks. Although I like that Hiro didn't kill Adam, but punished him lol

anabolina

A-List Customer
MrBern said:
Charlie?
top of head lopped off & brain eaten.
hro_1008_013.jpg

By comparison, interesting how Hiro again risked a time rift & diminishing his powers to timetravel to his father's aid.
Maybe the writers forgot, but when Hiro tried to avert Charlie's fate, his powers were weakened for several episodes. No indication of this after seeking out his father's killer.

But wasn't that before Hiro went back in time? I get so confused by time travel episodes... But am siked to get started with this season. Maybe it won't drag in parts like last season and we'll see more of electro-chick (Elle) and less of Mo-hotness being Mo-stupid (my sister's nicknames for Mohinder last season).

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
anabolina said:
But wasn't that before Hiro went back in time? I get so confused by time travel episodes... But am siked to get started with this season. Maybe it won't drag in parts like last season and we'll see more of electro-chick (Elle) and less of Mo-hotness being Mo-stupid (my sister's nicknames for Mohinder last season).

I dont think the time travel averted her destiny w/ Sylar.
And if it did, her power of super learning...eh. Sylar can make do without that one.

btw, did anyone watch the pre-show premiere?

http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/video/episodes/#vid=679404

flat-top

It was pretty good. As promised, there was more action and more revelations in those 2 hours then there were in all of last season combined.

pin_up_pixie

New in Town
Me too. So much happened, it was hard to take it all in. But it was awesome! The new season looks like it's gonna be great. And we found out so much...like the fact that Syler doesn't eat brains, just pokes at them. And we finally found out what the Patrelli mom's power is, that was cool.

Soooo much to talk about, next Monday seems so far away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy