Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NERD ALERT PART II

pretty faythe

One Too Many
pin_up_pixie said:
And we finally found out what the Patrelli mom's power is, that was cool.

Soooo much to talk about, next Monday seems so far away.
Oh man, did I miss that part? I dont remember seeing her powers again.
Although Mohinder grossed me out, ick!

pin_up_pixie

New in Town
Yeah, her dreams come true. So basically she knows the future. No wonder she was a politicians wife!

What do you guys think about the whole Syler thing? Him working with Noah.. I love it!

And I can't wait to find out more about the Nicky/Jessica/Tracy thing.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm not sure about this show anymore. They've turned up the action, but a few weeks in...and I just don't care what happens. The creepy Mohinder of the future was the only thing that intrigued me.
Am I alone?

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Behind the scenes troubles for the show's waning ratings:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/10/arts/television/10hero.html

With ratings for “Heroes” down 20 percent from those of a year ago and regular third-place finishes in total viewers for its time slot, NBC took action last week, midway into the show’s third season. Two co-executive producers were fired: Jeph Loeb and Jesse Alexander, who also served as senior writers and oversaw much of the script development.

Bryan Fuller, one of the lead writers in the first season of “Heroes” who left to create “Pushing Daisies” for ABC, is considering a return to “Heroes” if ABC fails to extend “Pushing Daisies” beyond the 13 episodes it has ordered for this season.

Among the group that advertisers most covet, adults 18 to 49, “Heroes” ranks eighth over all, according to Nielsen Media Research.

But that is down from sixth last year, an alarming sign because the series is among the most expensive to produce, costing more than $4 million an episode. NBC, like most television studios, has recently asked its producers to rein in costs.

The show might, in a sense, attract too many young viewers, those least likely to watch the series when it is broadcast and therefore more likely to skip the commercials that pay for the production.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I stopped watching mid season of 2. It just got boring, and I stopped caring. Not too good for a tv show. If it does revamp, I just hope they ax the ENTIRE last two seasons and go back to the first 4 episodes of season 1. They killed off some stellar characters in that season.

LD

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I seriously thought the show was going to be centered in NY, with the artist as sort of their hub. Mohinder would be the outreach brains, with all the 'team' sort of rallying around, using the paintings and figuring out what wrong was going to happen were and finding a way to foil it.

Characters would come in and out of their lives, and great things would happen.

The show is just all over the place (from last time I watched). I think Hiro was a HUGE handicap (time travel is hard to do 'right').

If they were gonna do the comic formula, then you have a central location, outreach, and characters come in and out of their lives. NY is the perfect transient city for that. But these characters are just all over the place.

I also liked the radioactive guy who gave his wife cancer because he had a bad temper. He was interesting.

LD

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Im glad they got rid of the Nicki character, but retained the actress.

The center of the story now seems to be the Petrelli family, now that we know that Sylar is their brother & that the father also wields power.

Yes, after becoming the big breakout star, Hiro does seem to be sent off on tangents.

pretty faythe

One Too Many
In the last and next episode, they are going back to season 1, in a way. Back to show how things happened, behind the scenes stories, etc. I am still in the frame of mind that you cant judge season 2 to harshly since its short season was brought about by the writers strike, and they did what they could. I think its going back to where it should have been. Basically back to the main characters of season 1.

Also, tried to watch that vidon you tube, its been removed :(

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've actually stopped watching. I missed a few episodes, they got deleted from my DVR and I didn't care! I know I'm not missing much.
There's no way this show is making past next season.
So sad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy