Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero 42-15142-P

butte, when eastman sent me my purchase, it came with a bunch of very nice marketing materials and box, how does Aero ship their stuff? I am still waiting on my halfbelt.

All my Aeros have come in a rather beat up oversized brown cardboard box that looks like it was left over from a grocery store, filled with bubble wrap, with tape all over it noting they passed through inspection without there being any bombs found.
My Eastmans in carefully wrapped custom designed "Eastman" boxes, the jacket inside in a nice "bag wrap" with marketing material.

Eastman definitely wins there.
Re; the actual jackets....both hare top notch. I own more Aero's than Eastman's.
Being "custom fitted", Aero has my measurements down to a "T".

Jacket up for sale. Will be putting an ad in Classifieds later today. Must fund a lost HWM thanks to the USPS, I'm out a nice chunk of change.
Numbers, etc. to follow in Classifieds. Happy hump day all...

Jacket up for sale. Will be putting an ad in Classifieds later today. Must fund a lost HWM thanks to the USPS, I'm out a nice chunk of change.

They lost an Aero Highwayman?! Was there a tracking number on it?
I suspect Aero insured the jacket. Hope they'd replace it if it never reaches you.

Flyderf

New in Town

What are the pit to pit measurements? I'm interested in it.

They lost an Aero Highwayman?! Was there a tracking number on it?I suspect Aero insured the jacket. Hope they'd replace it if it never reaches you.
No, I bought one, and sold it as it was too large. I sent it to the buyer and the USPS lost it. I DO have insurance and they're saying it was sent back - it wasn't, and their own system shows it never came back here. It's on appeal, but in the meantime, the buyer wants his money and I'm out $600 because it's not his fault. I hate the USPS, and I will never use them again. It's a mess that should go out of business for all I care. If you knew how many people I've been told to talk to, how many forms I've had to fill out, etc. you'd die. It's everything people joke about. Time to overhaul or trash it. So, I'm out $600. Not a happy camper today... sorry.

thor

Call Me a Cab
Beautiful jacket ButteMT61! You should have no trouble selling it. Checked the classified but did not see it listed yet. Please furnish afew measurements when you get the chance (armpit to armpit, sleeve and body/back length).
Thank you and good luck friend.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Bought a few things from Aero through the post, yes usually in a flat box but why bubble wrap a jacket? Its not going to get bashed about or broken. As long as the box is strong and not easily damaged a plain polythene plastic bag surely is good enough with a despatch note. When I send clothes through the post from eBay sales I just pack well, bubble wrap is really an unnecessary expense.
Does Eastman still send out their Golden Book? I think I still have their(Eastmans) old brochure with samples. Aero has only ever had a couple of catalogues as far as I know, their jackets always sold well without this expense, though they did send samples out. Gary certainly has good marketing and his boxes look very nice, he even gave you one(or did) if you bought a jacket off the peg at a show.
J

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80