Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero A-2 oil-pull HH arrived

JulianPascal

New in Town
Since yesterday, my first A-2 (size 40) is there:D
It's the "USAAF Type A-2 Oil-Pull Horsehide" with dark berry knits.
The pictures are not the best quality ,but iv'e got only a mobile-camera available.
What do you think about fit etc. ?
394029683.jpg

394029682.jpg

Last edited:

kojax

Practically Family
fit looks good i just got a new real mccoy a2 jacket horsehide size 40 still stiff i hope it breaks in fast lol

JulianPascal

New in Town
fit looks good i just got a new real mccoy a2 jacket horsehide size 40 still stiff i hope it breaks in fast lol

This one is around the shoulders and the collar stiff too,but it's a bit to cold here(ca.-5°C/23°F) ,to break it in...
This is just midweight-HH, I wonder how the heavy-fq-HH would feel...:rolleyes:

JanSolo

Practically Family
Sleeve length and body length looks good to me and I love the new darker batch of oil-pull. I like the heavily scalloped pocket flaps of the 42 contract. Good purchase, I bet it was worth the wait.

But honestly, you should try harder with your photo skills. Those pics are utter crap. Please find the time and get some decent outdoor shots with a proper digicam. You and your jacket (and the forum members) deserve it.

53Effie

A-List Customer
Very nice jacket. I really like the looks of that contract. Enjoy breaking it in. Cheers.
Mike

Danner

New in Town
Nice jacket! But I have to agree with JanSolo to post some better shots please;)
btw how long did you have to wait for it?

JulianPascal

New in Town
I bouth it around the 10.10.2010 ,like it was said ,it would take ca.8 weeks.
Well , I'm aiming to take better photographs ,but I'll be a few days not available for this ,because I'll get all my wisdom teeth removed tomorrow...

Last edited:

highhope

New in Town
Hi all,

This is one of my first posts here so it's nice to meet you all!!

I've been watching in the shadows for a while as 9 weeks ago I ordered a russet horsehide A2 from aero leathers and today it arrived.

I hope to post some pictures on here of it before too long but my first reaction when opening the box was that my heart beat a little faster!!

I've been trying not to think about it for so long now my patience was wearing thin but I must say it is categorically the finest garment I will ever own!! It is going flying with me for the first time this weekend and I shall use it on every single flight I ever do from now on!!!

Can't believe it was a mail order (sent them my measurements by e-mail) and it fits so perfectly!! I'm stunned!!

Hope everyone's well,

Tom

kampkatz

Practically Family
Your patience is commendable, Highhope. May your jacket be the perfect fit and serve you many years. Also, welcome to the forum. You should like it here with all the experts that contribute(I am not included in that group).

highhope

New in Town
Thanks for the warm welcom kamp!!

Nice to meet you; yes the patience nearly killed me but boy oh boy was it worth it in the end...I decided months ago that what I needed was to sell all the junk jackets I'd built up over the years (including one VERY nice Barnstormer from Aero) for a single, practical and flyable jacket I can use. First I toyed with an irvin but decided I just couldnt wear it while flying todays aircraft, then I thought of a used aero/eastman but decided in the end to go the full mile, get one which will last me a lifetime, made to measure and hopefully pass on to my OWN grandkids one day when I persuade them to follow a career in flying!!

I went for the aero's own one in Russet...didn't want it to replicate a particular contractor but rather be manufactured by a GOOD manufacturer to the same SPEC as the originals...kind of like a 'modern private purchase A2' - simply because there isnt a war still on (like WW2) and I didn't want a jacket that pretended there was...but one which is testimony to the wear of the original jackets!!

Boy am I pleased with the outcome...well worth selling on so many mediocre jackets (exc. the barnstormer of course).

It has also been such a pleasure to deal with such a wonderful company...Amanda is very patient and gets back to you almost immediately...nice to know companies like that still exist...and long may they continue and prosper!!

Tom

thor

Call Me a Cab
Looks nice! Love to see some outdoor pics when you post 'em.

I ordered a FQHH A-2 from Aero back on Sept. 4 and still haven't received it. I'm in the USA so it's probably being shipped across the pond by sea turtle! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy