Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero B6 too Tight!

jaffathehat

New in Town
Hello, I have just received my new Aero B6 sheepskin jacket and I fear it is too tight around stomach area. I asked Aero to use the exact same measurements I gave them for my Aero pre war Irvin a few years ago, which is a perfect fit, with the additional instructions to make the new B6 a looser fit, but I think the request was overlooked. I can zip up the new B6 with ease but it feels very snug when fully closed. I have contacted Aero for advice and Holly Calder got back to me to say that other than the shearling flattening down with some ware there will be little difference even when the jacket is broken in. Holly asked me to post some photos to her which I did but she has not got back to me yet and that was two days ago now. So, does anyone own an Aero B6 that they have had for some time so they can advise whether or not the leather will give a little after some ware or do I need to think about a quick E bay sale followed by a phone call to Eastman's?
And yes, I have accidentally already posted this in the articles section-DOH!

Regards

Jaffa

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I have successfully stretched up my shearling jacket. Soak the leather using a a pray bottle. Then stuff with pillows/towels and let it dry (while keeping it stuffed).

1C8CACBD-9FE1-4F2E-9956-28A9B46E0541.jpeg
F6062CD0-CB4F-4030-BFA2-B788D50E254F.jpeg

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Don't think it's going to grow much. Whatever little flattening you get from the shearling taming down will probably be lost to the leather shrinking up some. I found my shearlings shrunk more than my leather in "normal" conditions because they absorb water/moisture pretty quickly, so even just damp nights, etc. and then being out in the sun will give a little shrink.

B6 is supposed to have the benefit of the action back to give a little more room/comfort. So if it's tight with that and you used more generous measurements than your Irvin, try to fight it with Aero. Although, just because the Irvin fits with similar measurements doesn't mean a B6 would and vice versa. Besides the cut, there's thickness of the shearling, etc.

And yeah, photos would be good too.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
I have successfully stretched up my shearling jacket. Soak the leather using a a pray bottle. Then stuff with pillows/towels and let it dry (while keeping it stuffed).

View attachment 413217 View attachment 413218
I've used this method on 3 jackets now. Saved a couple of them. It works great. But don't recommend with B6. It has an action back. You're going to get weird stretch lines in the back.

jaffathehat

New in Town

View attachment 413217 View attachment 413218
Thanks Toomany and Marc, Marc, thanks for the tip but I agree with toomany and I am simply not prepared to stuff around and risk ruining the jacket and rendering it unsaleable. I will see if Aero contact me and what they say. No more made to measure leather jackets for me now methinks!

Last edited:

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Hello, I have just received my new Aero B6 sheepskin jacket and I fear it is too tight around stomach area. I asked Aero to use the exact same measurements I gave them for my Aero pre war Irvin a few years ago, which is a perfect fit, with the additional instructions to make the new B6 a looser fit, but I think the request was overlooked. I can zip up the new B6 with ease but it feels very snug when fully closed. I have contacted Aero for advice and Holly Calder got back to me to say that other than the shearling flattening down with some ware there will be little difference even when the jacket is broken in. Holly asked me to post some photos to her which I did but she has not got back to me yet and that was two days ago now. So, does anyone own an Aero B6 that they have had for some time so they can advise whether or not the leather will give a little after some ware or do I need to think about a quick E bay sale followed by a phone call to Eastman's?
And yes, I have accidentally already posted this in the articles section-DOH!

Regards

Jaffa
Pics?

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I can zip up the new B6 with ease but it feels very snug when fully closed.
I have a shearling that is also on the rather tight side. It definitely got wider when worn, although not by much. For me, it's perfect. But if you don't like tighter, then that's stupid.
A new jacket in that price range I probably wouldn't stretch it with water but sleep and work in it until it was wide enough lol

jaffathehat

New in Town
Thanks Dude, yeah, I know photos would help but the simple truth is that the made to measure b6 I got from Aero just does not fit me properly.
Hl, I would get some pics on here if the jacket looked too tight when worn but it looks fine. The problem is how it feels around my stomach when fully zipped up. Maybe snug more accurately discribes it than tight.

bn1966

If you are not happy I’d consider moving it on, I wouldn’t try and stretch it. Had this a couple of times recently myself where it’s unlikely to work out and experience has taught me to recoup what I can on them, re-evaluate, move on and have another go at getting it right. This approach has worked for me so far and led to a lot of keepers in the wardrobe. I have a nice D-1, wouldn‘t want it looking like a sack but snug in the mid section wouldn’t work for me either.

El Marro

Hl, I would get some pics on here if the jacket looked too tight when worn but it looks fine. The problem is how it feels around my stomach when fully zipped up. Maybe snug more accurately discribes it than tight.
This is often the case with a jacket that is just a little too tight, it looks perfect in photographs. This is maddening because anybody you share the photos with thinks it looks great while you know that it is uncomfortable to wear.

jaffathehat

New in Town
This is often the case with a jacket that is just a little too tight, it looks perfect in photographs. This is maddening because anybody you share the photos with thinks it looks great while you know that it is uncomfortable to wear.
Hi again, well, decision made, I sent back the B6 and exchanged it for a Highwayman in black tumbled horsehide and I am very pleased. When I spoke to Chloe at Aero it was "sure, send it back and tell what you'd like instead." No quibbling-just outstanding service.

Attachments

• 20220421_204450.jpg
    20220421_204450.jpg
    403.8 KB · Views: 107
  • 20220421_204624.jpg
    20220421_204624.jpg
    395.8 KB · Views: 98
  • 20220421_204959.jpg
    20220421_204959.jpg
    366.8 KB · Views: 97
  • 20220421_205255.jpg
    20220421_205255.jpg
    405.5 KB · Views: 88

Dumpster Diver

Practically Family
A guy with a brand new Jacket might take a few months to break it in.

The old jackets in my collection shrunk up a bit or I've just been racking up to much seat time on the couch for the winter...you know?

Give it some wear, leave the wool pile matt down for a time and see where she's at.

Anyways, hope you are able to find a fit you can be happy with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk