Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero designs (pic heavy)

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
They have some vintage cardovan in the factory which looked stunning - really characterful.

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
Edward, Sid Vicious was mostly pictured wearing a Perfecto style jacket although whether it was a Schott or not I don't know. He defo wore something similar to a Highwayman which was covered in studs but I think it was a Lewis Dominator. There's even a pic of him wearing a two tone biker jacket.

He went through a bunch of stuff, yeah. At least one of the most seen leathers was acquired from Steve Jones, in exchange for Sid's red Let It Rock drape jacket. If memory serves, the one similar to the Rivetts Highwayman was indeed a Lewis - the pocket configuration suggests the Dominator. Lewises were very popular on that scene by 77, as they were apparently available used, fairly cheaply. The Perfecto style came later on; to the best of my recollection, it was purchased in January 78, early on in the ill-fated US tour.

zhz

Practically Family
I think Cordovan looks better on a slim fit jacket, but that highwayman looks like a relax fit, I think black will do a better job on it. Just my option.
Mn, that Rivett's Highwayman could look really sharp in Cordovan.... (or for a more early 70s look, that blue hide that MajorMajor had the Aquamarine in...).

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I just had a riffle through the really new designs. and the only half-belt design I saw was the Plainsman, which is a LHB without the cargo pockets. But I do know that they have done a set of 30s jackets redesigned with slimmer arms, higher arm holes and longer bodies.

Edward

Bartender
I think Cordovan looks better on a slim fit jacket, but that highwayman looks like a relax fit, I think black will do a better job on it. Just my option.

It definitely looks cracking in black, but I've already got a regular HWM in black, and couldn't justify two so similar. Hard to tell from the photos, but my suspicion (based on the jackets I've handled from the period, though I don't recall getting hold of a Rivett's Highwayman specifically) would be that this would be a slightly neater cut, maybe more akin to the 50s Halfbelt than the HWM. Be interesting to see.

I just had a riffle through the really new designs. and the only half-belt design I saw was the Plainsman, which is a LHB without the cargo pockets. But I do know that they have done a set of 30s jackets redesigned with slimmer arms, higher arm holes and longer bodies.

Those will be interesting to see. I recall those being relatively popular mods back in the "anything goes" days. Expanding the line to include those as stock options would be consistent with Ken's approach over the past couple of years to focus on less customisation of a much wider range of stock designs (Aero by now must have about doubled the number of options it offers since Ken came back?).

Plumbline

One Too Many
Some realy interesting stuff ... and very much in Ken's positioning re. genuine vintage repro's .... that cordovan looks like it could be a genuine 30's jacket.

AND some REALLY nice new leathers/hides .... Well done Aero.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters