New Aero Designs

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Graemsay, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Graemsay

Graemsay Practically Family

Ken is in self-isolation, but he's spent his time creating a few new designs for Aero.

Ken in Isolation.jpg

The new D-pocket looks good, but I don't think that the bandana will stop the Coronavirus!

2. jacketjunkie

jacketjunkie One Too Many

I like the pocket set-up and positioning of the jacket he's wearing. A-2s made me love patch pockets on the front for fast and easy access and that chest pocket is nice and deep and actually looks functional unlike the mini and super high one on the 30s HB for example.

tmitchell59, Colin G and Bfd70 like this.
  3. Cornelius

Cornelius One of the Regulars

I wonder which type of leather Ken used for the D-pocket & the one he's wearing himself.

4. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

Those all look great! That d pocket is awesome!

5. Carlos840

Carlos840 Call Me a Cab

Looks like battered tan to me.

6. Bfd70

Bfd70 One Too Many

Agree, all look good, but the one he’s wearing is A+. Though I have a different experience than @jacketjunkie re patch pockets. I think they look cool but find them basically useless.

tmitchell59 likes this.
  7. Carlos840

Carlos840 Call Me a Cab

Agreed on the patch pockets, they are only good to store flat things in, it feels like if you try to use them like real pockets they would just tear off.
    Saying that it looks like these pockets have a real pocket bag rather than the usual A2 way of doing it , that should make them much more usable.

Colin G likes this.
  8. jacketjunkie

jacketjunkie One Too Many

Any of my A-2s (Aero, SB, Good Wear) can fit my wallet in the one, my phone in the other pocket and can be accessed and stored away much faster and more convenient than in a zipped front pocket. I'm curious to hear monstrous-sized things you guys try to put in your pockets :D

Benny Holiday and Sloan1874 like this.
  9. dubpynchon

dubpynchon Practically Family

That's the spirit, style over function!

10. Bfd70

Bfd70 One Too Many

May vary with jacket size but on my A2 i cant put and close an Iphone 6 in it. Too tall. Wallet in a jacket pocket...?

11. Sloan1874

Sloan1874 I'll Lock Up

That looks like the battered tan. Looks rather fine. I've given up on the idea of a black biker jacket but I could get behind that D-pocket in the tan.

Benny Holiday and Cornelius like this.
  12. red devil

red devil Call Me a Cab

Why? You would certainly rock a black d pocket

13. Robbie79

Robbie79 Practically Family

The D-pocket looks really nice! The battered tan looks pretty dark

14. Sloan1874

Sloan1874 I'll Lock Up

I've tried various ones at the Aero factory and even though I love the D-pocket style, they just don't suit me. I've got a Bootlegger, so I don't think it's the cross-zip style, so I suspect black's too hard a colour for me - I've got v dark seal jackets, but it's a less severe look than black.
    I don't even own many pairs of black shoes - a pair of Derbys and a pair of Red Wing engineers, that's it.

15. red devil

red devil Call Me a Cab

That is an interesting take, although the classic colour in all its glory, it can indeed be considered severe or hard. You need a burgundy D pocket then! :D

Sloan1874 likes this.
  16. Guppy

Guppy My Mail is Forwarded Here

Dig it!
    That one he's wearing looks sharp, too. I like the pocket design on it.

tmitchell59 likes this.
  17. oneterrifichog

oneterrifichog Practically Family

The jacket looks fantastic! The Bandana works too by the way, keeps Ken from touching his face!

18. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

I like the fit of Ken's jacket too. The pockets are not cargo pockets. The are inset and fabric lined, with a flap stitched into the body. Nice work. I'm not sure how I feel about battered tan.

tmitchell59 likes this.
  19. Mr Knight

Mr Knight Familiar Face

For some strange reason I’m really liking the mismatch of panels on the cross zip jacket, it gives it that ‘depression era’ vibe, quite fitting given the current social situation we find ourselves in.

At any rate I’m happy to see Ken in good health and I’m looking forward to likely parting with more cash once the pandemic is over.

Guppy likes this.
  20. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

I like the color, but wish it weren’t “battered”. If Aero did a British Tan like the Wesco boots, it would look amazing.

Peter Bowden likes this.