Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero leather jacker...or not?

Benproof

A-List Customer
"Which six? Take your time, I've got all day..."

All of them! Except the Seabiscuit! :D

I went on the website and can't see my 1930's half belt listed anymore. Here's an interesting one which was never there when I ordered mine but is very similar except the cuffs:

18534bb937dc3c1_August%20front-500.jpg

Love those cuffs.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
The Seabiscuit isn't mine, I was just modelling it, but it's horses for courses, I guess. I really doubt the 30s HB has disappeared as it's one of their biggest sellers.

Edward

Bartender
It's still there - listed under Aero Jackets > Heavy Horsehide (ya got to scroll down a fair bit on the page to find it nowadays): http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/product-detail.php?id=14

It's listed as the "1930s Slim Fit Halfbelt", which might have cause some confusion, though I think that's always been it's full name (to distinguish it from the slightly more generously fitted 50s Halfbelt model). That's the standard one, as distinct from the Premier version.

Benproof

A-List Customer
Hi guys,

I looked at the original receipt of my jacket. It looks similar to the 1930's slim half belt listed, but the sleeves are completely different. It definitely wasn't sold as a 'slim half belt jacket' - that description makes me balk, since I would probably end up looking like a giant biro refill in horsehide.

"Ace Cafe "Ace" - Heavy F/Q Horsehide Black" is the original description - in tribute to the Ace cafe.

Anyone else got one of these? It's my favourite ;)

Benproof

A-List Customer
that rings a bell....!

because the Ace Cafe...would have set up around the 1950's....so where did I get the 1930's from?!

Yes I think that's right...the Ace Cafe Racer was called in homage to the Ace Cafe which would make it fit with the 1950's update of the 1930's half-belt!

Alex.A

New in Town
Hello everyone,

Just a quick update, I purchased the leather jacket I linked in the first post. The only thing I don't like is the ''Made in China'' on the label.

Apart from that, it feels top quality. Leather is full grain cowhide. On the sides it has zippers that you can use to make it a size bigger so you can fit the armored shirt underneath, by using 2 leather straps which come with the jacket. When off the bike you remove the straps and it fits like a normal jacket, without feeling or looking like someone left the coat hangar inside. :rolleyes:

All in all, a great jacket for use on/off the bike. I am really impressed with it!

IMG_20160130_113100.jpg

Edward

Bartender
that rings a bell....!

because the Ace Cafe...would have set up around the 1950's....so where did I get the 1930's from?!

Yes I think that's right...the Ace Cafe Racer was called in homage to the Ace Cafe which would make it fit with the 1950's update of the 1930's half-belt!

The Ace opened first pre-war, 1939, as a truckstop transport cafe. The original building was bombed out, but they carried on with a temporary structure, then rebuilt properly in 1949. Its heyday was 1959-66ish, the era of the Rocker. It closed down in 1969, if memory serves, largely because new road networks left it bypassed, losing trucker custom, and bikes had given way to the affordable motorcar. Of course, it reopened in 1997 in its current form.

Circa 2008/9, Lewis weren't, afaik, open for business, and instead of selling their jackets, the Ace had a dead with Will Lauder for "Limited Edition" AeroAce Cafe jackets. There was one based on the 50s hb, one was a cafe racer, and the other, I think, a zip sleeve Highwayman. All had black and white checkered lining, came in black hide only, and were limited to 500 units per model. I think they disappeared from both companies' websites around the time of the Storse hoohah, 2011. Never seen one in person, but they did capture rhe British Rocker aesthetic really nicely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy