Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero Long Half-Belt

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I think an Irvin in Texas would be the ultimate act of indulgence! :D It's breaking in nicely, the hide's incredibly good quality, everyone has commented on the depth of it's colour - strangely, it's mostly women who want to try it on. It is very warm in itself, the storm cuffs, layered with a decent jumper and scarf, keep the wind out, but wind chill and dank weather keeps me on the road to finding the ultimate warm jacket. My Crombie great coat is my current deep winter choice, but I envy the Irvin's 'all encompassing' collar.

Vespizzare

A-List Customer
I'm thinking of getting that exact same jacket as my non-armored colder weather scootering coat. I'd get a two way zipper in front and either zip sleeves or straps like on an Aero Route 66.

Last edited:

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I'm thinking of getting that exact same jacket as my non-armored colder weather scootering coat. I'd get a two way zipper in front and either zip sleeves or straps like on an Aero Route 66. My question is: If you look at various similar styles such as Half Belt, Deluxe Half Belt, and Hercules, you see different back treatments: with and without yoke and with and without the shoulder pleats. Which is better or what recommends each?????

I don't think that Aero will install a two way zipper in front and/or significantly modify one of their current models. So, I assume that you would possibly consider having Johnson Leather in CA make you one? If used for any kind of riding, I imagine that you would want at least a "bikers bi-swing" back. Maybe zip sleeves? I am not fond of the lack of clean look with straps like on an Aero Route 66. All kinds of options for you to consider.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Aero might be flexible on the cuffs, I think Rocketeer is having a Barnstormer body with the arms from, I think, a Teamster, so it may be worth asking. On the zip front, I have no idea if two way ones are on offer. Personally, I found the bi-swing back gives real flexibility, no tightness or restriction at all. I'm also a fan of the look, it has a 'deco' feel to it as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran