Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero Long Half-Belt

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Made the trek across to Gala yesterday in horrendous, Mayan, end-of-the-world rain. As ever, it's a pleasure to visit Aero, this time to pick up my LHB. It's a work of art, exceeded my expectations completely: fantastic depth of colour, fit and quality of workmanship. It was great to be able to thank Paula personally, she makes a mean jacket!
Here's the technical stuff: brown FQHH, standard fit +1 inch on the bottom, two G1 pockets, weathered Grant tartan, antique brass zips. And now, what else, but the pics.

http://s1336.beta.photobucket.com/user/craig_brown1/media/2012-12-21235949_zpsd3755c3c.jpg.html?sort=3&o=4

http://s1336.beta.photobucket.com/user/craig_brown1/media/2012-12-22000320_zpsdaa5966d.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2

http://s1336.beta.photobucket.com/user/craig_brown1/media/2012-12-22000215_zps90d45ac0.jpg.html?sort=3&o=3

http://s1336.beta.photobucket.com/user/craig_brown1/media/2012-12-22000807_zps4dddfc2b.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

If I could work out how to post these directly on to page, I would. But I can't. :-D I'll try to do some pics during the daytime, though it is Scotland and we are in mid-winter, so light is in short supply...

Last edited:

majormajor

One Too Many
Here you go, Sloan:

20121221235949zpsd3755c.jpg

20121222000215zps90d45a.jpg

20121222000320zpsdaa596.jpg

20121222000807zps4dddfc.jpg

Looking good. Need some daylight shots:D;)

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Congratulations on a great jacket. It must be neat be able to P/U your jacket at the Aero factory, although I would rather be in Scotland in July than now.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Cheers! Will definitely take some pix in day light, though it's a b*gg*r to really represent the whole thing. One thing I am glad of, and that's not getting the Japanese fit. It's a close enough fit as it is, and I can get a decent jumper under it. Did I mention the weather is rubbish up here btw?

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I understand there is only 1-2 hours of daylight in Scotland this time of year LOL.

I swear, Fanch, I got up yesterday at 9am, and the lights never went off from dawn to dusk. Or more accurately: it's light at around 8am and dark at 4pm-ish. Really, though, it was the rain. Driving down through the Borders, I would have been better hoisting a sail.
But thank you for the compliment. It is great to be able to pick up your jacket in person - you get a real feel for the commitment effort and craftsmanship that goes into their work. Paula seemed as happy at the way my LHB turned out as I was! It's great to meet Ken, Holly, Lydia and Denny, and see how much energy there is up there.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Thank you! I'm glad I jettisoned my family tartan - it's a blue-green Lamont, but I don't think it would have toned as well with the brown. Shall keep it for when I get a black one. Oh dear, as the FL status goes: hopelessly addicted...

Worf

I'll Lock Up
I'd love to see the detail on the different pockets. Man you're stylin' in that one. Yeah and thanks for the "end of the world" torrential downpour you sent our way.

Worf

garzo

One of the Regulars
I swear, Fanch, I got up yesterday at 9am, and the lights never went off from dawn to dusk. Or more accurately: it's light at around 8am and dark at 4pm-ish. Really, though, it was the rain. Driving down through the Borders, I would have been better hoisting a sail.
But thank you for the compliment. It is great to be able to pick up your jacket in person - you get a real feel for the commitment effort and craftsmanship that goes into their work. Paula seemed as happy at the way my LHB turned out as I was! It's great to meet Ken, Holly, Lydia and Denny, and see how much energy there is up there.

The jacket looks great. And while the crazy Mayan calender misunderstanding did not result in much, we folks in Northern Europe are celebrating the Winter Solstice -- the shortest day of the year. From here on end (until Summer that is), it's uphill sun-wise as the days grow longer. It's a special night tonight.

wdw

One Too Many
Looks great on you Sloan. Looking forward to the daylight shots.

What's next on the list, as we all know it won't stop here?

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Thanks! Apologies for the rain, Worf, but we have plenty more here if you want. I promise to post more shots, this time in daylight, ( and sans wine, so they'll be slightly less wobbly too) and more details. Which one next, WDW? Ooh, where to start: the 1920s two-tone is rather lovely in the flesh, and having seen the late WWII Irvin the new model is based, that's going to look great when it's put into production; but there was another one that Ken has in the wings that I really, really fancy (God, will you listen to me? Like a small boy let loose in Santa's secret workshop "I'll have that one, that one and, ooh, that in cordovan, please. How much?" *faints*)

schitzo

Suspended
Mr Sloan i think sans wine is a good call! But no doubt it is a ripsnorter.

I am curious about those cargo pockets - specifically, how tall are they? And in your opinion are these a feature best reserved for the longer fitting jackets i.e. would you say that a regular 50s halfbelt deluxe is not their optimum environment?

Thanks
Schitz

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
@nerkg: girlfriends duvet cover, but I happen to like it too, so there's no argument there - I'm a fan of Timorous Beasties' design (look them up) which leans heavily on nature images, I've got huge thistles crawling up my living room wall and monster-sized golden bees waiting to adorn the dining room, so roses are not a problem.

@schitzo: The lowest part of the pocket is seven inches from the bottom of the jacket. I've had a couple of shorter cloth jackets with cargo pockets, but nowadays I prefer the cleaner look similar to the 30s half-belt, it's a bit more flattering. I know some people don't like the pockets on longer jackets , but I think they break up the length and help balance the jacket. What you can't see, and what I particularly like, is the mole-skin in the hand-warmers...

Plumbline

One Too Many
Nice jacket Sloan .... look forward to pics in the daylight as the colour of the hide looks great. It also looks very supple for FQHH .. is it vintage ?

What was Aero's delivery tme from order/spec. date ???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran