Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero 1930's Half Belt Battered Seal Sz 42 Fit Check

MrSweetums

New in Town
That's the thing with these curved sleeves, they tend to feel shorter than they actually are, especially in the straight down position.
The overall sleeve (nape) is about 35" on their size 42 jackets, regardless of period fits. But they do always feel like 1/2" shorter to me. Adding a full inch would be too long and starts to look a bit sloppy. Just keep wearing and it'll be just fine.

View attachment 510071
View attachment 510072
You’re a legend! Thanks for busting out the measuring tape for me on this.

So you think the sleeve length on mine is fine? Not worried about it rising up over time?

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
You’re a legend! Thanks for busting out the measuring tape for me on this.

So you think the sleeve length on mine is fine? Not worried about it rising up over time?
Your jacket fits really well man. The only times I've lost some sleeve lengths is on full veg tan leather and they've gotten wet and dried, and the change is very minimal like 0.5". I am quite sure the batter seal is a combi tanned leather and you don't have anything to worry about there.

jadub

A-List Customer
I would enjoy wearing it while doing housework and watching tv. Your partner may not agree with me on that. I think it’s a great fit. By looking at the classifieds here I’ve decided people give up on their jackets too quickly. They cost a lot and it’s easy to get caught up in the “for that price it should be” mind set. If you give up too quickly it will never have a chance to be “what it should be” for you. Someone else will have the joy of making it what it should be, at 1/2 the price, which is a comfortable good looking jacket. These things last decades. They can’t be comfortable and form fitting right out of the box. They need time to mature. Have fun with it. Enjoy the process. Soon you’ll be scanning every website on the internet looking for another, and another...

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If you give up too quickly it will never have a chance to be “what it should be” for you. Someone else will have the joy of making it what it should be, at 1/2 the price, which is a comfortable good looking jacket. These things last decades. They can’t be comfortable and form fitting right out of the box. They need time to mature.

To this point, my experience with any leather stiffer than goatskin is that it basically hangs off of the body until the panels break in and start to drape. So people might sell and buy a new size, then find that doesn't work either because the smaller size is too small.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana