Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero Original Hercules review, with fit pics

davyjones007

One of the Regulars
That is a great looking jacket indeed. Fit is spot on IMHO. I was thinking of going through Thurston Bros for my Vanson simply because they offer the fit jacket. When you are spending that much money for a jacket, you want it to be right the first time. More so if you are ordering it on-line. When I ordered my FQHH HB from Mark a few years back, he was very helpful in the size and pattern area.

Edward

Bartender
@Edward - No offense intended with the "pants" comment. I am a firm believer that men can wear their pants - or trousers, as the case may be - at any height they want.

Noned taken, just yankin' yer chain... seemed pretty funny to say that in these parts where some of us are always moaning we can't easily find trousers with a high enough waist is all. ;)

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Now in the year 2020, I think the OP has long moved on from buying leather jackets & browsing this forum. Photos were deleted too, when I now am angsting for an Aero Hercule...

tropicalbob

I have one of those, a size 38 just like yours. Fantastic style and the usual quality.
Congrats.
I've had a brown LHB, a similar jacket (and a 38 as well), since 2011, and it remains my favorite one. Rereading this thread, it reaffirms that these styles really make for a perfect "all-purpose" jacket for someone looking for such a thing. Great jacket for travel.

regius

Revisiting this thread, with one question. How much extra room do you think your jacket has around the hem? Do you feel the need to tighten the side strap? When you pull the two corners to zip up, are you able to pull the hem forward and out much or it’s pretty snug around your belt line?

FarWalker

New in Town
Revisiting this thread, with one question. How much extra room do you think your jacket has around the hem? Do you feel the need to tighten the side strap? When you pull the two corners to zip up, are you able to pull the hem forward and out much or it’s pretty snug around your belt line?

It's pretty snug, and thankfully I haven't put on much weight around the waist since I bought it, so it still fits. With the jacket zipped, I can pull the bottom front out about an inch from my belt, which feels about right.

I never use the side straps, which appear to be ornamental. Even if you do tighten them, they don't stay in place if you take the jacket off and on, so I'd advise going for a fit where you don't rely on them to get things right.

regius

this is interesting to know! my custom ordered hercules from GW stitcks out at the waist...kind of the bane of such vintage style jacket, but i think it modifiable so not end of the world.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner