Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Black Aero 1930's Half Belt (with fur collar attachment)!

Faster

New in Town
this is honestly one of the best jackets ive ever seen everything is perfect on it :) to bad they never have anything already made in 36s or 38s :/

I talked to Insurrection a couple of weeks ago and I'm pretty sure they have 38s on the way in the 1930s Slimfit Halfbelt. Give them a call!

Hammer Down

One of the Regulars
Strokes:

$1099, price includes detachable fur collar (which is not included on Aero's website price). Here's the site: http://www.insurrectionvintage.com/online-shopping-new-jackets.html Wade is very good at returning emails and will return calls and spend time with you on the phone to answer questions without rushing. He also throws in some nice touches when he helps design/import the jackets from Aero. For instance, he adds extra thick HH on the bottom to avoid curling over time. Word to the wise: this jacket is awesome, actually stellar, but it is not for the faint of heart. It is very thick and requires some dedication to break in. If you've never worn thick HH before, you might want to try some on if you can before you buy just to see how you feel with the material. When you try it on, leave it on for more than just a minute or two. If the store lets you, walk around in it for 15 minutes or so while you browse other jackets to get a sense of what will be involved in actually wearing it. The thickness would have made Centurians happy 2,000 years ago when they vanquished their enemies in battle.

Last edited:
Strokes:

...but it is not for the faint of heart. It is very thick and requires some dedication to break in. If you've never worn thick HH before, you might want to try some on if you can before you buy just to see how you feel with the material. When you try it on, leave it on for more than just a minute or two. If the store lets you, walk around in it for 15 minutes or so while you browse other jackets to get a sense of what will be involved in actually wearing it. The thickness would have made Centurians happy 2,000 years ago.

All the FQHH jackets I've owned and seen are this way - as are some heavy Steer/cow. But worth the effort and time. They're also heavy, so consider that too.

Hammer Down

One of the Regulars
X2.jpg

X1.jpg

X3.jpg

also picked up this vintage Vanson cafe racer last weekend. It is nearly as heavy as the HH, but feels much lighter when I wear it. Why? It's been broken in so nicely. The inside is immaculate. A good find, to be sure, even though it is a little big and probably not the best for riding. I don't care in this case. It's one of those jackets that feels like an old friend, as if I've owned it from the start. . . .Vanson has not made this design in a while, at least to my knowledge. It is similar to the Ace but not quite the same. Of course, Vansons pics on its website are so lousy, it's really hard to tell. Originally, the zipper was brass because the threads are brass. The zipper has been replaced and it doesn't match.
http://www.vansonleathers.com/prod-ACE-240.aspx?

Last edited:

Hammer Down

One of the Regulars
Oh, I don't know. The Internet is so wide open. Most people don't realize how pics move around and can stay up for decades. We're not in Kansas anymore, even when we literally live in the wide open plains of Kansas--at least insofar as the Internet is concerned.

A few years ago, my identity was stolen. I am more careful now about these kinds of things online. As Benjamin Franklin once wrote, "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure." FQHH jackets from Aero are worth quite a few pounds, indeed!

Last edited:

Tony B

One of the Regulars
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they arent all out to get you.

I don't mean that to sound sarcastic, there is always someone out there up to no good, 20 odd years living in london makes you very aware of things.

pauleway

Practically Family
Yes, I agree with your comment on the mouton. A real fur collar would be preferable that is not so cumbersome. I will ask to have Aero make a real detachable fur collar accoutrement (not mouton) that is sleek and black and more compact.

As for Housier, I appreciate your candid observations. I went and checked the jacket length the minute after I saw your comments. It is well over the back of my jeans, down about two inches from the top of my jeans.

As for the "skin tight" look, I can get three fingers between the jacket bottom and my front. The back fits tight on this model and right now it is too tight, you're right. I plan on losing 20 pounds ASAP, so if I really do lose the weight it will be better once that work is done. Thank you for your direct honesty, Hoosier, even if it sounded a little cranky. I always appreciate someone who says exactly what they think, especially when I ask for advice. Two fingers, Hosier, out your way. What do you ride? I've got a 2009 Bonneville Black.
Mouton is a real fur collar. I just prefer a smaller sized fur collar for my jackets!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot