Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Buttoned Aero Leather??

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Here's my latest rendition.

I know what you mean about minimalist, but I need a set of handwarmers (a nice alternative to the A2s).

This is based on John Lever's Radjacke - I guess that name stands for "radical jacket" - so here is my "Unradjacke".....:D;)

newrad.jpg

I thought it came from the German for bike: 'rad', so you get Bike Jacket.

wdw

One Too Many
Having just checked out the nicely plain Radjacke back, I reckon I would definitely go for a straight buttoned style like the latest proposal.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Here's my latest rendition.

I know what you mean about minimalist, but I need a set of handwarmers (a nice alternative to the A2s).

This is based on John Lever's Radjacke - I guess that name stands for "radical jacket" - so here is my "Unradjacke".....:D;)

newrad.jpg
]

Actually, that works for me. I like the radjacke body shape. It's not too much of a mod, so Aero might do it. I might've kept the original rad collar, though, but that's just my love of funnel necks talking. :-D

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
That looks pretty good to me and very similar to the unfortunately discontinued Stuart. What would you want for the back length measurement?

majormajor

One Too Many
That looks pretty good to me and very similar to the unfortunately discontinued Stuart. What would you want for the back length measurement?

Here is the back of John's Radjacke. Pretty short at 22 1/2 inches. I'd be looking for something similar. I also like the higher adjusting straps, rather than on the waistband.

radback.jpg

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
My preference would be an additional 3" of body length, but this is all about personal preference. However, I like the overall design. Very creative and original!

wdw

One Too Many
I'm with Fanch in that 22.5" seems too short. Compared to a standard HWM, that would sit above the belt.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Yup, on or just below the belt, so perhaps a couple of extra inches:D;)
It seems like we are now very close in design to a Stuart with adjusting
Straps at mid level and body length at or just below the belt. Majormajor, wdw and I are all pretty much on the same page with this jacket. Maybe I would do away with the breast pocket but would definitely keep the handwarmer pockets. Maybe add an inside pocket or two. I am liking this new design more and more!!!

majormajor

One Too Many
It seems like we are now very close in design to a Stuart with adjusting
Straps at mid level and body length at or just below the belt. Majormajor, wdw and I are all pretty much on the same page with this jacket. Maybe I would do away with the breast pocket but would definitely keep the handwarmer pockets. Maybe add an inside pocket or two. I am liking this new design more and more!!!

Here it is without the breast pocket:

nopocket.jpg

wdw

One Too Many
I'm thinking either no breast pockets, with two inner, or maybe two breast pockets, no inner. How about a pic with 2 pockets, if poss, majormajor?

I'm also thinking that the top button would be more for show, like the Stockman, so the very top would realistically be folded back on each side (I'm not asking for a pic of that, by the way).

Last edited:

majormajor

One Too Many
I'm thinking either no breast pockets, with two inner, or maybe two breast pockets, no inner. How about a pick with 2 pockets, if poss, majormajor?

I'm also thinking that the top button would be more for show, like the Stockman, so the very top would realistically be folded back on each side (I'm not asking for a pic of that, by the way).

Leave it with me:D

Slightly off topic, but does anyone know what happened to the Aero LVC "Beat Brown" style?
I just saw one on eBay, but not my size:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181041334087?redirect=mobile

Then I found a sample done by Aero in France, but darker and in Horsehide:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170954385738?redirect=mobile

It's a really cool design I think.....and button up

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender

Carrie @ Insurrection

Sponsoring Affiliate
The Aero Slimfit Stuart is going to remain an Insurrection style. However, there will be one change--a diamond-shaped Talon chest pull will be in the place of the button on the left chest to clean the jacket up a bit. The fit is still as great as ever!

AeroSlimfitStuartProfile.jpg

Carrie @ Insurrection

Sponsoring Affiliate
Hmm..a pocket zipper on an all button jacket? That cleans it up?

It can also be specified with a double-welted horizontal chest pocket. We haven't specified our February Stuart orders yet, but I definitely would be interested if folks like the Stuart with a zippered chest pocket or a horizontal double-welted chest pocket. The Stuarts we have in stock still have the button closure on the chest. Input?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot