Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Campdraft

Python

New in Town
On the recommendations of this forum, I bought my first Akubra. I got the Campdraft and love it. I ordered a 7 1/4 (58cm) and it was a little big but they sent me some foam to put under the sweatband and that made it fit perfectly.

I am going to try to post some images I put on one of my web sites. I hope it works. This is my first "hand bash" and I think it came out pretty good for my first try.

http://www.largebreedfamilydogs.com/hats/Campdraft-2.jpg
http://www.largebreedfamilydogs.com/hats/Campdraft-3.jpg

When I took the photos, I used my WhiBal card so the color is pretty accurate (at least on my screen).

Jim

Duck

Practically Family
Very nice, Python. Great bash !!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Is that the Tawny Fawn color?

Python

New in Town
Thanks Duck!

The color is called Taupe Fawn. I got it from hatsdirect.com. As has been said here many times, they are great to deal with.

Jim

Python

New in Town
RBH,

Thanks for the complement and thanks for your posts about the Campdraft. Your posts were one of my motivations in getting the Campdraft.

Jim

ankashorty@aol

New in Town
How about some input ??????

I really like that Campdraft but I am leaning towards the Fed Deluxe because I also own a Stetson Open Road and something that looks like an Open Road manufactured by Worth and Walden of Dallas Texas. They are amazingly similar. Both show some age as I got them from OFAS.

The Federation looks a little dressier and I figure to use the other two as beaters anyway. Am I mistaken or is that Federation made solely for Hats Direct. I saw several different prices for the Campdrafts, all within ten bucks of each other but the Fed Deluxe was 60-70 dollars more. Is it worth it??/
I don't want a closet full of the same hats. Thanks in advance for input.
I can't post pics yet because I'm the rookie on the site.

ankashorty@aol

New in Town
ankashorty@aol said:
I really like that Campdraft but I am leaning towards the Fed Deluxe because I also own a Stetson Open Road and something that looks like an Open Road manufactured by Worth and Walden of Dallas Texas. They are amazingly similar. Both show some age as I got them from OFAS.

The Federation looks a little dressier and I figure to use the other two as beaters anyway. Am I mistaken or is that Federation made solely for Hats Direct. I saw several different prices for the Campdrafts, all within ten bucks of each other but the Fed Deluxe was 60-70 dollars more. Is it worth it??/

" Your RAP sheet is the square root of your life "

EvilDmitri

New in Town
ankashorty@aol said:

I can't speak for the quality of the Federation Deluxe, but I am awfully pleased with my Standard :) It's the one in my avatar pic. I took a 2 mile walk in the rain (fairly light, but windy) in it the other day and held up magnificently to the weather. The color is great, it feels great, and looks great! If you're unsure about spending the extra on a Deluxe, a Standard is still a very worthy investment in my opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy