Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Custom Belted-back Jacket

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Thanks, Baron,
They are getting better at doing custom requests, which is ironic considering that is their business model.

I have been wearing it with Navy:

Dark gray sounds nice too.

Thanks for the feedback, gentlemen.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Thanks, Baron,
I think matching the tie with the pants helps too.

Thanks, Alan. I have another belted back to post photos of... ;)

Once the temperature drops.

(Check your mail, BTW.)

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I must say that in person this jacket is quite incredible, and HJ looks incredibly handsome in it:) Not knowing much about the details of mens vintage jackets, or modern jackets either, I will say that I really love the action pleats and belted back of this jacket. It is such a great style, and very well made. The inside seams of the jacket are really well done.
Well that's my two cents, being that I have seen this jacket up close. It's also rather soft. Well done Hem, it really is a great looking jacket!

AlanC

Hemingway Jones said:
Thanks, Alan. I have another belted back to post photos of... ;)

I look forward to it. It's cooled all the way down to the 80s here. I'm going to risk my Fawcett felt tomorrow, I think.

(Check your mail, BTW.)

The USPS was successful in the mission to which you entrusted them. An unnecessary, but pleasant, surprise.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Baron Kurtz said:
Interesting. I've always been told (and i'm not sure if it's true or not) that the belt back and other sport features lose their functionality - read: extra movement allowance etc. - when the jacket is fully lined.

As i say, i don't know if this is correct or not.

bk
It's possible. Most of the vintage ones I've seen are butterfly lined. Though, this lining has more than enough play. In fact, there is a little extra in the center probably by accident. I cannot imagine they anticipated this possibility.

AlanC

Hemingway Jones said:
That is to button the...
Oh, I don't know. I think they just sewed a spare button there. [huh] ;)

lol I'm sure that's the explanation. Just don't try to unbutton it--the whole coat might fall apart!

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
Baron Kurtz said:
Interesting. I've always been told (and i'm not sure if it's true or not) that the belt back and other sport features lose their functionality - read: extra movement allowance etc. - when the jacket is fully lined.

most belt-backs are purely decorative. the ones that are really functional are the 'bi-swing' type which have a bellows effect down each side (derived from shooting jackets where it is actually useful)... those would be hampered by lining. most of the rest not so, as you only gain about an inch of extra leeway due to the pleats or shirring (i used the word 'shirring').

EDIT: sorry Hem, i missed the expandable centre pleat (didn't scroll down far enough) your's IS functional.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
A Beauty!

Not YOU Tim!! the JACKET!!!:rolleyes: OK then!!! you carry it off so well, it wouldn't look half as good on any of the rest of us!![huh] And a great price too, "who could ask for anything more!"

Jerekson

One Too Many
Baron Kurtz said:

As i say, i don't know if this is correct or not.

bk

Well, I could definitely see where this would come from, as the lining is essentially just underneath the pleats and is not expandable like the pleats are. The only way I could see this working would be for the lining to be somewhat loosely installed.
Of course, I'm anything but an expert on suits, so don't pay heed to me - but coming from a common sense point of view thats how I would imagine it working. Loose liner [huh]

Also: Baron, check your PM's.

Jerekson

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou