Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Dobbs 20 from Photobyalan

Magus

Practically Family
Hey there everyone. I just got my Dobbs Twenty from Photobyalan here on the Lounge. Soft as butter, fits like a glove, and cool as ice! (goes great with my stylin ride)

Thanks P!

M

STA70003.JPG

STA70004.JPG

WEEGEE

Practically Family
Great transfer

Magus,

The 20 looks great on you...its a good thing photobyalan is not a

small brim guy. The blue shirt looks great with the Dobbs.

Visigoth

A-List Customer
Love it! The Dobbs Twenty is currently one of my favorite hats. The classiest of the stingy brims. What color is the sweatband? And does it have that sizing system, where the bow in back is threaded through the leather to either side?

Magus

Practically Family
Visigoth said:
Love it! The Dobbs Twenty is currently one of my favorite hats. The classiest of the stingy brims. What color is the sweatband? And does it have that sizing system, where the bow in back is threaded through the leather to either side?

Thanks guys....the shirt...lol...well...its actually the "Pin Pals" bowling team shirt from the Simpsons. (Yes a company took the cartoon shirt and made it. And yes...I have the Krusty Burger Staff shirt and the other bowling team shirt that Homer was on....whew...good to get that off my chest...) Now to the hat...the sweatband is medium brown and it dosn't have the sizing bow...but the bow is cool. It looks like a clover from a deck of cards made with a thick string and loosely sewn in place. Its very nice

shortbrim

New in Town
Dobbs 20, king of the stingy brims

That's one fine Dobbs 20 you got there! I stumbled onto mine accidentally on Ebay, not really knowing what it was until it arrived. Mine's a cholcolate brown with a very dark brown or black ribbon band. It arrived in almost new condition and is quite thin, light, and solid. I don't have any Homer shirts (duh).

ortega76

Practically Family
Magus said:
Thanks guys....the shirt...lol...well...its actually the "Pin Pals" bowling team shirt from the Simpsons. (Yes a company took the cartoon shirt and made it. And yes...I have the Krusty Burger Staff shirt and the other bowling team shirt that Homer was on....whew...good to get that off my chest...) Now to the hat...the sweatband is medium brown and it dosn't have the sizing bow...but the bow is cool. It looks like a clover from a deck of cards made with a thick string and loosely sewn in place. Its very nice

Great hat! As I was reading this, I started singing "Doh! A beer. I'll have a beer. Ray, the guy who buys me beer. . ." :eek:fftopic:

Magus

Practically Family
epic610 said:
photobyalan has one of the best collections among lounge members

And now one of them is MINE ....MINE I Tell you....!!!

MMMMmmuuuuuuuhhhahaaaaaaa...

......my diabolical plan to take over the world supply of vintage 7 1/2 moves another step toward completion!!!!

Visigoth

A-List Customer
I have a Dobbs *Twenty-Two*, oddly enough, which is precisely the same as the Dobbs Twenty, but with a slightly different felt (probably a touch more beaver in it?). Both have the side dents that your hat has, although deeper; and the hat band has the threading, but it may be merely decorative; haven't tried undoing the ribbon. Something I've noticed about Dobbs hats from the fifties and sixties, which I *really* like, is that the front of the crown is particularly prominent: not just untapered, but a sort of "wall." This impression is aided by the side dents -- or, in the case of one of my cheaper Dobbs fedoras, no dents at all.

People rave about Knox here, but thus far I've preferred Dobbs hats. The Knoxes I've come in contact with, from the same period, are more rounded, and the felt is (to my amateur eyes) less impressive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy