Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Girl Here...

TabbyKat

New in Town
Good day Ladies. :)

Just joined a day or two ago and thought I would come by here and introduce myself to the rest of you lovely ladies.

21 married Las Vegan here. Quite interested and well...inlove...with 30's all the way to 50's fashion and lifestyle. I don't own many vintage clothes, but that is going to be changing soon. As soon as I get a job. (Housewife of almost 4 years turned working woman...wow.)

I have enjoyed my visit to The Lounge quite a bit so far, particularly here in The Powder Room.

I have a question and I was wondering if you ladies would mind helping me out, either by giving me some tips or directing me to a better suited room to post in.

My husband is a "Large" man, as in, he shoppes in Big and Tall. He is about 5ft 10in but a bit round in the tummy department. I would like him to dress in the 40's style, or somewhere there abouts.(He wouldn't mind it much either! ;) )

Problem is, I don't know where to find him anything that would work. Any advice for working with what is available would be a huge help. Also,he is completely bald...what to do about that? ^_^ A hat I suppose.... :)

Thanks ladies, and have a swell day!

~Tabby

Dahlia

Familiar Face
Hello, and welcome! I look forward to seeing more posts from you. :)

I don't know anything really about men's clothing, but I'm sure if you looked at the posts in "Suits," 'General Attire.. ," and the like, you would be able to find more information. Also, if you start a specific post in one of those threads both the men and the ladies would be able to help you out.

Flitcraft

One Too Many
Welcome to The Lounge!
As long as your Hubby is "follicley-challenged", why not have him try on a few Ivy Legue caps. You can find more info. in the Hat Section, but these kinds of caps are starting to become more prominently available and they sure make a much better impression than the ubiquitous baseball cap. Plus, they're soft enough to roll up and fit in a pocket.

Suits are another matter- especially if he's a big guy. You might want to try for something modern, but with a vintage feel. Orvis has a few things, as does Brooks Brothers, occasionally. You might want to try something with a bi-swing or "action back"- these are jackets with pleats running down the shoulder are to the waist. They can often give the impression of a "V[/B"
shape, plus allow more movement.

Again, welcome!
P.S.- get your husband to join, too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner