Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Good Wear Ventura...

That would be me. I never thought I would be able to own a Good Wear but there it was, measurements were right on, so I pulled all the rabbits out of every hat I could find and I couldn't be happier.:)
You are my hero! So glad you got it. Like I said - it was 1" in length and a hair too tight in the 'pits or I'da kept it. Congrats! A perfect home for a great jacket. I'm happy you got it.

InLikeFlynn

Familiar Face
Flynn.. I took a shot at that one also.. but I didnt measure up.. if you don't mind, Im curious to know your measurements.. to see how far off I was.

In a dress shirt I take a 17 x 36 / 37, sometimes I can get by with a 46 Tall in a sport coat or blazer but usually I have to go with the 48's. Chest is 46 inches with a 36 ~ 37 inch arm length from middle of collar to cuff end. Waist is a size 34 (actual measurement is 36 ~ 37). I compared the measurements of the Good Wear with a couple of jackets I have that fit and it seemed to match up perfectly.

InLikeFlynn

Familiar Face
Pictures!

At the risk of high jacking the thread here's a couple of the jacket right out of the box. You can see that it hasn't yet began to form to my body and looks rather stiff. I've since worn it constantly including getting it soaked in a rain storm and it is getting to be an old friend already.
venturaFront.jpg venturaBack.jpg

Not threadjacking there pal! Welcome pics!!! It looks perfect on you - hell, maybe even the best I've seen here! That was a good buy for you. If it were made for you, it would have been built exactly as-is. Huge congrats on that!!!

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
In a dress shirt I take a 17 x 36 / 37, sometimes I can get by with a 46 Tall in a sport coat or blazer but usually I have to go with the 48's. Chest is 46 inches with a 36 ~ 37 inch arm length from middle of collar to cuff end. Waist is a size 34 (actual measurement is 36 ~ 37). I compared the measurements of the Good Wear with a couple of jackets I have that fit and it seemed to match up perfectly.

Flynn... it does look great.. sounds like I was a bit of in the chest, anyway yours now..I know you will enjoy it!

InLikeFlynn

Familiar Face
Butte have you noticed any shortening of the sleeve length and torso length with your Ventura? I've been wearing mine constantly since I bought it and it has shortened quite a bit.:eek:
I know all new leather jackets will do this as they break in but this is more than any other leather jacket I've owned!

Butte have you noticed any shortening of the sleeve length and torso length with your Ventura? I've been wearing mine constantly since I bought it and it has shortened quite a bit.:eek:I know all new leather jackets will do this as they break in but this is more than any other leather jacket I've owned!
ILF: I'm not sure. I for a minute the other day wondered if the body did a tad, but the sleeves seem the same, minus the wrinkles. Now to be fair, I had my shirt untucked, so it looked shorter...let me try it on in a bit and see. Maybe the hide really is "Shrinki" lolI'd also send an email to GW and ask the experts...back later.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
So we're talking about the incredible shinki man, then? I've yet to get mine caught in the rain, but it's surely just a question of time...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic