Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Goodwear / Diamond Dave Cafe Racer

pawineguy

One Too Many
If they make this in something heavy enough to wear on the bike, would be a nice option with the full action back. The pattern is apparently based on the J-100, but with the action back and kidney panel. I'm a fan. This particular one was made in tea-core goatskin. @Monitor ?

http://www.goodwearleather.com/pages/sale_diamond_racer_0001.html

12841379_10207358960465739_6865128092961596843_o.jpg Racer_Size_46.jpg reverse_view_flat.jpg reverse_view2.jpg side_view.jpg

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A Brook's repro? Nice jacket but an original Brook's isn't expensive or difficult to find.

pawineguy

One Too Many
Combines elements from multiple jackets, Brooks didn't have the front sleeve zips, were a different body shape, etc.. You could buy a NEW Brooks for $499.95 but I don't think that's the point.

pawineguy

One Too Many
A bit of a misunderstanding. I am referring to vintage Brook's e.g. the one on Sales page.
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/thre...oks-cafe-racer-leather-jacket-nice-one.84826/

No, I understood, my point was that it's not a Brooks reproduction, they took elements from multiple jackets. Outside of original Bucos, (and even those are comparably priced with top repro makers) almost all jackets sell on the used market for substantially less than their new repros. My other point was that if someone just wanted a Brooks "repro", they can still buy the jacket new from Brooks.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My point is the new Brooks is a modern cut like the Schott 641 compared to the 641xx. The vintage Brooks which most of us here still admire is actually the same body shape as the Goodwear. Granted the sleeves zipper is in a different position and for that I would agree it is not a complete copy of a vintage Brooks. As for leather and workmanship, the Goodwear is of course in a different class compared to the Buco and Brooks of their days for those are just mass produced products.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Honestly, i don't really see the point... My J-100 is already the jacket i own that is the least movement restricting, i don't see how an action back would help in any way.
If anything it only detracts from the simplicity of the J-100. To me this feels like trying to fix something that isn't broken, and making it worst in the process.

I'm going to pray all night this is just a one off, and will remain so. Otherwise, I'm going to need a thousand dollars... I'm not even kidding. It's perfect. Like, completely perfect. Thanks a ton for posting this, PG. Thanks a bloody ton...

And yeah, it's not a Brooks repro. It's more like Reed, if anything, but the slightly curved kidney panel, collar, etc. suggest it's a mix of jackets being made in this style.
k7__06434.1397322633.1280.1280.jpg

pawineguy

One Too Many
I'm going to pray all night this is just a one off, and will remain so. Otherwise, I'm going to need a thousand dollars... I'm not even kidding. It's perfect. Like, completely perfect. Thanks a ton for posting this, PG. Thanks a bloody ton...

And yeah, it's not a Brooks repro. It's more like Reed, if anything, but the slightly curved kidney panel, collar, etc. suggest it's a mix of jackets being made in this style.

Believe me, I thought of you as soon as I saw this, for better or for worse.

pawineguy

One Too Many
Honestly, i don't really see the point... My J-100 is already the jacket i own that is the least movement restricting, i don't see how an action back would help in any way.
If anything it only detracts from the simplicity of the J-100. To me this feels like trying to fix something that isn't broken, and making it worst in the process.

To each their own I suppose. I'm just happy that there is some branching out in styles. I guess if the fit of a J-100 is just right it's going to be good on a bike, but it's nice to have more options.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I too saw that on his sale page a few days ago and would probably work for us although the sleeves perhaps a bit on the short side. Overall a very nice example.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy