Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Guy Looking for a Haberdasher . . .

mingoslim

Practically Family
Hi . . .
I am new to the list and have been following some of the discussion for the last week or so . . .

So I am wondering if you all have any suggestions for good suppliers, stores or haberdashers in Southern Ohio or Northern Kentucky . . . I am about an hour from Cincinnati or Dayton Ohio . . . and an hour and a half from Columbus, or Northern Kentucky . . .

I also travel from time to time throughout the US and the UK, so am always interested in tips on places to visit elsewhere . . .

Mingoslim

epic610

One of the Regulars
Saks Fifth Avenue...

has a few stores in Ohio; start with them. they will always have good tailors. selection at one of their satellite stores may be limited in some cases, but you can always order from the main nyc store.

mingoslim

Practically Family
Tango Yankee said:
Welcome! Sounds like you're in the Chillicothe area. I can't help you yet as I'm fairly new to Southern Ohio myself. but if you're interested in a hatter then check out the link in this thread: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=15879

I'm hoping to have the chance to check out his shop on Monday.

Cheers,
Tom

Actually, I am about equal distance from Cincinnati and Chillicothe . . . But I am in Cincinnati on business at least once a week. So I will check out Batsakes, this week and give you all a full report.

I will also try and get by Rumaldo at some time in the future . . .

Thanks for the update.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Batsakes

Mingoslim --

Here's what I had to say about Batsakes a few months back...

By all means go there -- I think you will find it well worth the trip! Let us know how it goes!

Cheers,
Jimmy

indylion

New in Town
Nobby Custom Tailors

Nobby's is a custom tailoring shop in downtown Cincinnati (14 W. 7th St.). They do very good work at reasonable prices. They are located 1 block west of Batsake's hat store.
Saks also has a outlet store in Cincinnati.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
jimmy the lid said:
Mingoslim --

Here's what I had to say about Batsakes a few months back...

By all means go there -- I think you will find it well worth the trip! Let us know how it goes!

Cheers,
Jimmy

I hadn't seen these, Jimmy! I didn't realize that the current location isn't the original one. It looks like it's always been there.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Tom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran