Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Guy, Old Hat

Icedog

New in Town
Hey there. I am new to this great community but have been collecting hats for over 40 years. I currently have only a few worth mentioning but I had some real beauties. My first wife destroyed a fantastic beaver top hat and a black fur fedora my grandfather wore when he got married in Italy immediatley after WWI. That fedora was glorius! It had a 2" brim and a 2" band. The lining was as orange as a ripe pumpkin. As a kid I caught many a beating for sitting on my grandfather's hats. After he died my grandmother let me choose two of his fedoras and the black one was my first selection. Well, it's gone now.

I have just brought my vintage felt safari hat to DelMonico's in New Haven to be blocked and cleaned but I was wondering if anyone here has any knowledge about this lid. It is from Dorian on the leather band it says: "made expressly for Cape Union Mart Mostert St. Cape Town". It is stiff green felt with a natural antelope fur band.

kaosharper1

One Too Many
Icedog said:

I have just brought my vintage felt safari hat to DelMonico's in New Haven to be blocked and cleaned but I was wondering if anyone here has any knowledge about this lid. It is from Dorian on the leather band it says: "made expressly for Cape Union Mart Mostert St. Cape Town". It is stiff green felt with a natural antelope fur band.

Welcome! Sounds like it came from South Africa, so its a long way from home.

Icedog

New in Town
This is the Dorian Safari Hat:
4266591751_7eb156dab5.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theartboxstore