Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Guy Saying Hi.

leopardstyle

One of the Regulars
Hey there veterans of the lounge. I'm interested in leather jackets specifically A-2's and Cafe Racer jackets. I've already got a cafe racer and have been in the market for an A-2 or two. My research into learning about A-2's sent me to this forum. The knowledge I've been getting from you guys has been tremendous.

Here's what I have going on now. I was lucky enough to win an A-2 Aero jacket on Ebay it's being shipped out to me. I'll have pics up once I receive it and figure out how to upload photos.

In the mean time I've also been interested in Gibson and Barnes Historical A-2's in Russet. They've sent me out a try on jacket to figure how my sizing works with their patterns and cuts. I'm hoping to get some pics of that up also as soon as I look into the process for posting them.

You guys have tons of insight. I'm looking forward to interacting with you all. :)

leopardstyle

One of the Regulars
No kidding man. As soon as the thought hit me to grab an A-2, is been borderline an obsession. I think my girlfriend now knows way more about the different types of leather and A-2 designs than she has ever wanted to because of all my descriptions to her.

leopardstyle

One of the Regulars
Thanks J.W.! Hey guys I'm wondering about adding pictures to a post. I read the FAQ but I've still got a question. If you want to add pics to a post do you need to use a service like photobucket, or can you attach images directly from them being saved on the hard drive of your computer?

Peacoat

Bartender
Thanks J.W.! Hey guys I'm wondering about adding pictures to a post. I read the FAQ but I've still got a question. If you want to add pics to a post do you need to use a service like photobucket, or can you attach images directly from them being saved on the hard drive of your computer?

You have to use a third party service. With Photobucket it is easy.

Hover over the photograph and codes will appear below the pic. left click (command click on a Mac) on the IMG code, the word "copied" will briefly appear. The code is now temporarily on your hard drive. Then go to the message on this board where you want to insert the photograph. Hit Control V (or Command V on a Mac), and the IMG code appears. Go to Advanced at the tab below the message to view your handiwork, if you like.

Scot tells all of this in the sticky at the top of the page, as you saw. This is the simple way to post pics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn