Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New GW A2 Monarch

andyfalzon

Vendor
If Brad asks for a jacket we will give priority to Jeff,
but after Jeff gets his you are next right? and Brad last.

Stand By

One Too Many
Who wants to see a perfecty fine A2 like yours being spoiled with it being worn by this guy? I can wait.

You stated that your preference was "Medium wasted" (sic). It looks to me that that's his too!

BadBradd1.jpg BadBradd2.jpg badbradd4.jpg

Sir, your new A2 is marvellous indeed and you look great in it.

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
He probably did the crew-cut to try to disassociate himself from the still-steaming turd that is the recent Chanel No.5 commercial that we're all still laughing at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpc-s17qL4o

Jeff - IMO, some people just look like they were meant to wear A2's - and yours suits you to a T.

Not his finest hour, certainly. I found it quite a bizarre choice for a performer who appears to have his pick of roles. But then who knows the full story. I'd probably have done it myself if they'd offer me the money (but then I also maintain the butter ad was one of the most truly punk rock things John Lydon has ever done), and I don't even wear aftershave. Haven't since I was old enough to shave regularly. Nasty stuff. The haircut, though, is most likely nothing more than a function of his latest role. I have a feeling the long hair in the ad probably dates to World War Z, which memory suggests was filmed around the same time. I don't know whether it was specified for that role, though (the character was largely invented as a device to give narrative to source material which is formed of a series of unconnected vignettes).

Stand By

One Too Many
Hmm. Very interesting, Edward. Maybe you're right. Sounds very plausible and I'd like to think it's something like you say.

Or perhaps it just boils down to him and 7 million dollars for 45 seconds of "work". Laughing all the way to his agent ... or his barber.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic