Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Hartmann Jacket

WolferlQ3

New in Town
Dear all,

this is my first comment here. My name is Wolfgang from Munich. 46 years old. Sending greets to all of you

I recently bought a new Eastman Leather Hartmann Jacket, i,m very happy with.
The only problem I have, the cuffs are very tiny, or my hands are not. It,s hard for me to close the open buttons when wearing the jacket, but without open it, no chance

Does anybody know this problem and has and idea what to do.
It is size 46, everything fits well beside of that

Attachments

• 20230609_134312.jpg
    20230609_134312.jpg
    691.4 KB · Views: 219
  • 20230609_134412.jpg
    20230609_134412.jpg
    764.7 KB · Views: 219
  • 20230609_134504.jpg
    20230609_134504.jpg
    792.8 KB · Views: 176
  • 20230609_134513.jpg
    20230609_134513.jpg
    857.1 KB · Views: 207

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
the cuff should clear a bare wrist but maybe its tight for a watch?

The jacket has the Trojan sleeve ends right? zipper and tab with snap. You could always install another male snap next to the existing one, it should in theory give you another 0.75" or so at the wrist.

Image1.jpg

WolferlQ3

New in Town
the cuff should clear a bare wrist but maybe its tight for a watch?

The jacket has the Trojan sleeve ends right? zipper and tab with snap. You could always install another male snap next to the existing one, it should in theory give you another 0.75" or so at the wrist.

View attachment 524197
Sadly no, this is the Ostmann Jacket (that I also own). The Hartmann only has Buttons and no zipper

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Image1.jpg

That's gonna be tough, there isn't enough room to add a second button to ease the cuff out.

It's a good looking jacket, probably would have to open the cuff to slide through and not close it as often. I have some trucker jackets that are like this. I open the cuff to put on, then close the cuff after it's on, like a shirt.

WolferlQ3

New in Town
My idea was to go to a tailor who is able to remove the Button and offset it (don,t know if this is the right word) by 5mm or maybe 1cm.

Edward

Bartender
My idea was to go to a tailor who is able to remove the Button and offset it (don,t know if this is the right word) by 5mm or maybe 1cm.

Possible, though it could get pricey. I'd be sure first that it's the *size* is the issue, rather than it just needing a bit of breaking in to make the buttons easier to fasten? Of course, if the idea is to make it slip on/off without doing that, moving the button is the best option. There's only going to be so much scope for how far you can move it before it distorts the shape of the cuff, though, so make sure you know what's feasible before committing to an alteration.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Capeskin should be able to stretch a bit, if it’s only half inch or so you’re looking for, you might just get away without doing jacket surgery.

WolferlQ3

New in Town
The jacket fits well, like the Ostmann. I like both
It's hard to find a vendor who is able to make high quality replicas of German flight jackets.

Honestly, I only know Eastman Leather. In Germay we do have Noble House Ulm. Let's be fair - good quality for a price around 500 Euro, but not the slightest chance to come near Eastman regarding quality and details like proportions

Honestly, I will speak with a tailor if we can move the buttons a bit. If this is to expensive or simply not possible on an optical point of view, I will keep it as it is and open the buttons before I slip in and close them after

I noticed, if it's a bit colder, I can slip through with my hand a bit more easily. The warmth of the warmth of the weather makes the hand swell a bit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21