Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Hat

D

Deleted member 259

A repro from Urban Outfitters. Inexpensive and too cute to pass up.

campus009.jpg
campus010.jpg

D

Deleted member 259

BellyTank said:
Nice colour and great lipstick choice, Mademoiselle...
You got great big beautiful eyes too!

Please excuse my familiarity,
BT.

Thank you for the compliments! - and no worries about the familiarities, we're all friends here ;)

D

Deleted member 259

Mycroft said:
Urban Outfitters has vintage hats like that!!!, do they have any men's hats? P.S.-good find.

The Women's section has a lot of vintage repro and retro finds, but the guys section is (What I would discribe as) a little more Mod or metrosexual and while some things come close, it doesn't seem have much in the line out "our kind of clothing." A couple caps in the guys line, but no real hats.

Rumor has it that Urban Outfitters often buys overstock vintage clothes and vintage fabric and re-vamps it.

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
That's a darling hat--nice to see hats are becoming popular again.

I myself cannot wear that style--my big 40s hair gets in the way (plus it doesn't suit my face shape.) I do get excited over 40s doll/toy hats--wish they would turn up more often! Interestingly enough, I believe Vogue reported that Dita Von Teese has 'single-handedly brought back the doll hat'. This inspires me to wear my own hats more often!

D

Deleted member 259

binkmeisterRick said:
carpecaligo, you could pass as one of the young Tripplets of Bellville! Lookin' good, my dear! ;)

bink

You mean these triplets?
triplets.gif

I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Thanks hon :)

D

Deleted member 259

Matt Deckard said:
Women aren't wearing enough hats... then again people spend alot less time outside to warrant women wearing the wide brimmed hats that were so common back in the old days.

I spend quite a bit of time outside - whether traveling from metro stops or walking around campus - But my main reason for wearing hats is that few other girls do - unless it's winter-gear, and knit caps or beanies don't have quite the same effect.
I get a lot of turned heads, compliments and smiles that a hatless outfit wouldn't provoke.
It seems to be more acceptable for women to wear hats than men, yet less common.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran