Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New hats in Dallas, Texas

Michael10

New in Town
It's now after Labor Day and in Texas, while it's still warm, a hat wearer like me starts to think about cooler weather. I'm looking for a local place to buy hats in the Dallas area. I know about the Resistol store in Garland and I'm a customer of Peter's Bros. in Ft. Worth and I've a "Savoy" from Art.

It seems that the only other choice is Miller Hats in Houston.

Anyone have any other knowledge that they care to share? Using Google doesn't seem to come up with anything in Dallas.

Thanks.

Alucard73

One of the Regulars
Thats not enough? Texas is a big state. There is Catalina Hatters in Bryan, Texas. I have not bought any fedoras from them but they do custom hats (mainly western) and have made fedora style hats before. They are good people.

RJCNTX

Familiar Face
I was in Fort Worth on business not too long ago and drove down to see Jimmy. Seems to me the drive was about an hour. Well worth it in my opinion but I didn't consider an hour drive that far.

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
The Stetson factory outlet is a hit and miss store. I have found the Beaver Stetson hat called the Pinnacle for 65.00 in the store. I bought them all up and resold them in my store last year. There was nothing wrong woth them that a little steaming and brushing could not fix.
If you know what you are looking for , I'd suggest going there.

Steven
www.bencrafthats.com

texasgirl

One Too Many
I've bought a few hats at the Stetson factory for my husband and my father. They have a big selection. I haven't been to Peters Bros. yet. I have been to Miller Hats. It's pretty small and you can't just walk around trying hats on, which I like to do. And they were nice, but I don't think they thought we were serious buyers so they didn't go out of their way to help. My husband has ordered from their website though with success.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Found a Nostalgia at HATCO today.

BTW, I just had a feeling so I drove over to the HATCO Outlet about 4:30 PM today. I found one Stetson Nostalgia and it is a 7 5/8 in Caribou (color). Bashed into a C Crown and on my head currently. I'll post pics later. Meanwhile, this one is the color I have and close to the bash.
TF320C0324.NOSTC-2.jpg

Hoss & da Posse

One of the Regulars
carter said:
BTW, I just had a feeling so I drove over to the HATCO Outlet about 4:30 PM today.

How cool is that?! It would be nice to have a place like that close enough to pop in and check out discounted stock. Need to set up some kind of "swap" program with ya'll exchanging local discounted goods around the country. Lookin' forward to the pix!

carter

I'll Lock Up
Hoss & da Posse said:
How cool is that?! It would be nice to have a place like that close enough to pop in and check out discounted stock. Need to set up some kind of "swap" program with ya'll exchanging local discounted goods around the country. Lookin' forward to the pix!

Hoss, That's an ambitious proposition. Best of luck in getting that program established. :D
Carter

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
carter said:
BTW, I just had a feeling so I drove over to the HATCO Outlet about 4:30 PM today. I found one Stetson Nostalgia and it is a 7 5/8 in Caribou (color). Bashed into a C Crown and on my head currently. I'll post pics later. Meanwhile, this one is the color I have and close to the bash.
TF320C0324.NOSTC-2.jpg

I'd definitely like to see that one, Carter, on and off your head. Do you mind saying what you paid for it at the outlet store?

Pilgrim

One Too Many
There's an old, old hat store in downtown San Antonio not far from the Riverwalk. I don't recall the name, but it has been there for a long time. I stopped in there a couple of years ago only last visit to S.A.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner