Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Highwayman in House

saucerfiend

Practically Family
I received this "Highwayman" just before Aero went on their last break. This is the replacement for the 1st one that was sent, as that one was way too big. This one fits perfectly! I couldn't be happier.

Brian
Here are the specs:

"FINAL SPECS" for "Highwayman" order:
Model: "HIGHWAYMAN"
"BROWN" FRONT QUARTER HORSEHIDE
"BLACK STEWART" LIGHT TARTAN WOOL LINING
BLACK COTTON DRILL SLEEVE LINING
VINTAGE "AERO" TAG {2 AIRMEN AND AIRPLANE HANGER}
"LOCHCARRON OF SCOTLAND" TAG IN LINING - BOTTOM LEFT SIDE
STANDARD "HIGHWAYMAN, AMERICAN" CUFFS, FULLY LEATHER LINED TO STORM CUFF - WITH KNIT STORM CUFFS
2" LEATHER STRIP - ACROSS BOTTOM LINING HEM
"ANTIQUE BRASS" ZIPPERS AND BUCKLES
1 - INSIDE POCKET ON LEATHER FACING - LEFT SIDE
MOLESKIN LINING IN ALL POCKETS
MEASUREMENTS: PIT TO PIT, FRONT AND BACK = 25" UPPER BACK= 18 3/4" UPPER CHEST= 18 3/4" SHOULDERS= 20" FRONT LENGTH= 21 1/2" BACK LENGTH= 25 1/2" SLEEVE LENGTH= 26 1/4"

And the pics:
P1010002-5.jpg

P1010014-1.jpg

P1010003-5.jpg

P1010005-3.jpg

P1010013-3.jpg

P1010015-1.jpg

milan_19

New in Town
Beautiful jacket ;), Im abit jealous... Did you customize the arm holes??? I placed the order for my Highwayman about a month ago but im still trying to figure out my measurements and working out the details:eusa_doh:, i want to stay away from the boxy fit and low arm holes. I dont want to look like a flying squirrel, im kind of picky :D. Yours look great tho

Jack Burton

One of the Regulars
Nice. Please take some outdoor pics if you can. Is it a safe assumption that their regular brown FQHH is darker now than it used to be? I never thought about requesting a Lochcarron tag. If they have them, why not use them.

saucerfiend

Practically Family
Nice. Please take some outdoor pics if you can. Is it a safe assumption that their regular brown FQHH is darker now than it used to be? I never thought about requesting a Lochcarron tag. If they have them, why not use them.

Yes, it is a bit darker then the 50's Halfbelt, I used to have. Very rich looking, IMO. And the Lochcarron tag is a nice touch.

Brian

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Nice looking HM - the length is short (measurement wise, not the fit) how tall are you - I'm thinking around 5 ft 10?

Edward

Bartender
Love that lining. I'm not (purely personal preference) a fan of black linings in brown jackets, but the other colours in Black Stewart really lift it and it looks great.

Yes, it is a bit darker then the 50's Halfbelt, I used to have. Very rich looking, IMO. And the Lochcarron tag is a nice touch.

Brian

How do you find the fit compares with the Fifties halfbelt? I'd eventually like a black halfbelt. Love my Thirties option, but wondering whether to go with just a slightly less trim 30s than standard (adding 2" to the waist), or go to the Fifties option (I'd be changing the cuff arrangement from standard either way, so that's not an issue).

saucerfiend

Practically Family
Love that lining. I'm not (purely personal preference) a fan of black linings in brown jackets, but the other colours in Black Stewart really lift it and it looks great.

How do you find the fit compares with the Fifties halfbelt? I'd eventually like a black halfbelt. Love my Thirties option, but wondering whether to go with just a slightly less trim 30s than standard (adding 2" to the waist), or go to the Fifties option (I'd be changing the cuff arrangement from standard either way, so that's not an issue).

Edward,

The 50's Halfbelt I had was a bit too tight. Although the size was 42 as the Highwayman, I modified the fit... slightly on this Highwayman. I remember Will saying that I needed a size 44 in the 50's HB.
Watch the length is not too long when you order the HB, as it will raise up off the shoulders when sitting... particularly driving.

Here are comparison pics:
P1010001-6.jpg

P1010003-5.jpg

P1010013-2.jpg

P1010009-3.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff