Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Joker pic

rebelgtp

One of the Regulars
Yep I have heard that they are planning on a "Wolverine" movie. I would love to see either the "Origin" line OR some of the stories from when Wolverine was created into Weapon X.

DW Evans

New in Town
Doh! said:
The Killing Joke Joker is my favorite version...

That too is also one of my favorites. I prefer the more simpler of the styles.
Batman: The Animated Series... enough said.

And as for the whole 'Batman causes The Jokers grin with a boomerang' rumor isn't plausible because, if you'll remember, The Joker was already created before Batman ever knew he existed (in terms of Nolan's world). Batman got The Joker's calling card at the end of the film, and therefore couldn't have caused such a 'character development.' Otherwise it would result in continuity errors.

However, that doesn't mean that Batman couldn't cause The Joker to get a little crazy(er) throughout the film... ;)

Doh!

One Too Many
Mark Hamill's Joker is the best interpretation of the character to date. We'll see what Heath Ledger does with it next year.

Re: the Joker's origin story, in Killing Joke, he said it best himself:

"Sometimes I remember it one way. Sometimes another. If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!"

Edward

Bartender
rebelgtp said:
Yep I have heard that they are planning on a "Wolverine" movie. I would love to see either the "Origin" line OR some of the stories from when Wolverine was created into Weapon X.

I suspect what we'll see will be both. If memory serves, Logan leaves the mansion at the end of ... .was it X1? ... looking for information on his unknown past.... maybe it'll be set in between X1 and X2? Or after X3... (which I've not yet seen) I guess would be easier from pov of continuity.... Anyhow, I'd expect it to follow Logan's search for his identity, probably it'll be told in flashbacks, largely to the weapon X, maybe then we'll get a flashback to the early origins as well.... I think it would be cool to have those all mixed up together. I wonder too if they'll do anything from throughout his life.... by my recollection, Logan fought in the CSA?

Jovan

Suspended
Indeed. I saw an IMAX trailer with a scene from the movie as well. Whatever doubts you guys may have will be erased... Heath Ledger is GOOD. He's gotten himself into the mind of the Joker quite well.

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Saw the trailer online and read a walk-through of the 6 min. IMAX piece.

If there's anything remotely resembling a story to go with the visuals the movie is a sure thing.

Ledger is amazing.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I saw the trailer with I Am Legend. Somehow it didn't move me very much. But then, it was virtually all action - and I found the action sequences in Batman Begins far less interesting than the film's quieter moments. Ledger seems okay as the Joker, but I doubt that he's going to unseat Mark Hamill in the Animated Series as my favorite interpretation of the character.

Actually, I was considerably more impressed with the Iron Man trailer. That one looks like it may be fun...

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Very intriguing. I'm excited to see Maggie Gyllenhaal! What an improvement over Katie Holmes! They featured Oldman more than I thought they would too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo