Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New L.L. Bean "Signature" Line

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
These are more tailored versions of their classics, simple as that. If you like their classics, why wouldn't you like more tailored versions? If there has been one thing wrong with LL Bean, it has been their gigantic sizing! I'm sure we're all familiar with the tent-like fit of their oxfords. I see this as a marked improvement.

What interests me more is the "Rogues Gallery" connection. Alex Carleton designed these and a line of T-shirts for J Crew. J Crew is arguably one of Bean's biggest competitors. Odd synergy, competitive jockeying??? Interesting move.

mattfink

Practically Family
Hemingway Jones said:
These are more tailored versions of their classics, simple as that. If you like their classics, why wouldn't you like more tailored versions? If there has been one thing wrong with LL Bean, it has been their gigantic sizing! I'm sure we're all familiar with the tent-like fit of their oxfords. I see this as a marked improvement.

What interests me more is the "Rogues Gallery" connection. Alex Carleton designed these and a line of T-shirts for J Crew. J Crew is arguably one of Bean's biggest competitors. Odd synergy, competitive jockeying??? Interesting move.

I'm not seeing a Rogues Gallery line on the LL Bean site?

mattfink

Practically Family
Alexi said:
you are if you are looking at the Signature Line

Are you saying the entire line was designed by the guy from RG? I sure don't see any of their signature tees on there.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Lady Day said:
Thats just standard model pose. Its an illusion to show the 'curve' of the body, but these women dont really have many and if they stood straight the clothes would really look frumpy :)
Case and point...

LD
Women are MEANT to have curves. ;)

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
I like that sailor tank-top, too. But tank tops tend to make me look like an East German shot putter unless they have a nipped waist...which this shirt doesn't.

Alexi

One of the Regulars
My review of the "Traditional Twill Blazer & Traditional Twill Pant"

"This review is for the jacket and matching pants in navy. I am pretty disappointed by the pre-distressed edging and corners that did not appear in the pictures online. From a distance the navy colour also appears not to match between the jacket and the pants. When viewed from close-up holding swatches of the jacket and trousers the colours match. The apparent mismatch is due to the jacket having more distressed spots (collar, pockets, button holes, ect.) causing it to appear lighter then the pants which are only distressed at the cuffs and waist.
The fit on the jacket is pretty spot-on except for low arm holes which restrict movement a touch. The fit of the pants however leaves much to be desired, the waist is far too low slung which makes it hard to keep a shirt properly tucked in and bending over uncomfortable.
The price is pretty spot-on, and fits well into my intended use for spring/summer parties and dinners."

Dated Guy

Familiar Face
PrettySquareGal said:
I just noticed something: why are all of the models leaning to one side? Is this the pose of hipster youth?? :)

It does seem as thought their midriff is imploding doesn't it, a great number of poses are really for the clothing, but, these do not do anything justice at all, except highlight the long hair...weird and very unnatural....:eek:

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
So I won a $50 gift card to the signature line on Facebook. It came in the mail today. I think I'll get some more casual Friday clothes from them. I am impressed with the items I have purchased from them. I love the tattersall shirt. It's nice and tailored.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner