Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

new langlitz columbia

J Leather Investigater

One Too Many
They are one of the few U.S. makers I haven't tried. They seem to be the heaviest duty of the heavy duties. I did a lot of looking into this company. Stu's jackets look flawless. I am just not sure they will work on the bike. To me, a TRUE riding jacket has to be shorter in the front and dip down in the back. I think they have to have a full action back also.

I love LW's speed demon and J23. Quality and craftmanship is no issue at all. I am just not sure the pattern would work as an m/c jacket. I am fearing they are not long enough in the back. I am also under the impression that Stu doesn't like to alter patterns or supply measurements.

A perfect fit is essential when riding in colder weather. The jacket has to seal out all the drafts. If it doesn't fit right, you are always pulling on it and making adjustments. Then you are fighting the jacket and the cold.

My Schott 618HH is my "go to" warm weather riding jacket. It is about an inch and a half short in the back for the cold weather. Plus the lack of an inside pocket is a little annoying.

I am back in the hunt for the Holy Grail. I guess that is where all the fun is anyway. lol.
So stu will alter patterns and what about his chp? And giving him your height, weight, and build is all he needs.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I was a little upset when they told me to wear it for a season. I knew it wasn't gonna get any better.
road king,
They told me the same thing at first, that it just needed to break in a bit. I wore it for three weeks straight and then I called them back and told them it wasn’t getting any better and I wanted a remake. On the second jacket I didn’t even give them that much chance. I knew out of the box it was wrong and I was frustrated because we had been down this road less than a year before.
I would venture that most of us have owned enough leather to know the difference between a stiff new jacket and a jacket that doesn’t fit.
All water under the bridge at this point. Talk to Stu, I don’t think you will be disappointed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points