Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New member, here's my hat!

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
stetson1945casual.jpg

My favorite is that last one. Call me crazy, but I think the charcoal/steel/grey hat with a light or tan coat looks simply smashing!
If I lived in a civilized climate, i.e., one with some real winter, I'd have a camel-hair coat as well as my black overcoat, and I'd do that look. Instead, I'll go with a sport coat, either tan or light grey, for as long as the weather will let me.

ETA: Come to think of it, the grey hat in your first ad reminds me a lot of my Moonstone Fed with its new matching ribbon. Light tan coat with that too . . .?

Lt.Tom

Familiar Face
It looks great Red Leader! I think I agree about bringing the brim down a little in the front. I had finally decided on a brown one for my next acquisition, but y'all are making me rethink that. Hmmm..........

Red Leader

One of the Regulars
After looking at a lot of vintage ads, I've seen the gray hats with everything - tan, brown, gray, dark colors, light colors, etc. I'm thinking a narrow ribbon charcoal will work really well to go with anything I wear and afford less of the 'costume'd' look. Of course, it doesn't mean I'll abandon the brown just yet! I just finished getting it how I really like it!

Red Leader

One of the Regulars
It looks great Red Leader! I think I agree about bringing the brim down a little in the front. I had finally decided on a brown one for my next acquisition, but y'all are making me rethink that. Hmmm..........

I did just that yesterday. Now, to me it looks perfect. I'll have to take an updated picture. Love it.

Red Leader

One of the Regulars
More lovely contrasting:

5816401742_28192cf710_o.jpg

5816401384_7ac3bed772_o.jpg

Grey with brown, and visa versa.

Seems like it was a big thing in the late 1930s. What it means to me is that if anyone ever accuses me of being 'mismatched', I can tell them I'm just being historically accurate:D

m0nk

One Too Many
I've worn a brown hat with a grey suit and a grey hat with a brown jacket. Either works, though I tend to favor my Moonstone Fed IV at the moment for just about any style of dress. Grey works well with a lot more, and there's something classy about the contrast with a black (or darker grey) ribbon. Of course, once you get one, you'll want other shades, other colors, other brim widths, and generally other styles of hats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart