Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New member to this great forum.

Zig2k143

Practically Family
Ok that did sound like I was sucking up a bit. But I've been reading for about a week or so and I really do enjoy it here. The members here are very nice and helpful and I've learned so much about Fedoras and hats in general since I've been here...

A little about me:
I just turned 38 on May 14th. I live in Drums, Pa which is close to the poconos. I moved here two years ago from Staten Island NYC. I moved to be closer to my daughter.

Since Highschool I've been wearing fedoras and rain coats... I'm not even sure why but I always really enjoyed them. I've never had a custom made for me but I've been thinking about it lately. Maybe in the fall I'll do it. Right now I have an outback hat and a black pinstripe fedora for the summer and I ordered a white summer hat from the Fedora Store... It seems like a decent hat...

If anyone wants to take a look here is a link and let me know what you think. I'm not sure how I'll like it on me but this is the only way to find out. ;)

Stacy Adams Shantung Center Dent Fedora Hat
http://www.thefedorastore.com/Stacy-Adams-Shantung-Center-Dent-Fedora-Hat-p/sa304.htm

Wow I think I wrote more then I intended too...

Thanks for listening and thank you for making such a great forum...

Gerry

Jay

Practically Family
Welcome to the Lounge as well. There's a LOT to be learned here. It would make a great book. Ebay prices would skyrocket...

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Welcome....Gerry.

Welcome aboard Neighbor, I'm right up the road from you, maybe 10 miles or so....just outside of Hazleton. You're gonna love it here, it didn't take me long to become addicted here. I love this place :D

Zig2k143

Practically Family
Thanks for the welcome everyone... Anyone have an opinion on that hat I bought? Worth it? Not? I see everyone bidding on hats on E-bay maybe I should give that a try.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Welcome to the Lounge Zig!! There are lot's of guys here with ebay experiences and opinions so take some time to look around through past threads & use the "search" feature alot and most of your questions would be answered. The one thing the Lounge frowns on is posting links to live auctions ( in progress) so if you have questions about a specific hat that is coming up to close please ask privately, then by all means post your winning auctions to share with the group.

Have fun

Zig2k143

Practically Family
Thanks Art I wouldn't want to do anything frowned upon here... I have been doing lots of searchs and gathering lots of useful information. :)

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Sorry Zig, I didn't mean to have that sound harsh in any way. It's just that alot of newbies do it & I wanted to head it off at the pass gracefully if I could.

Pilgrim

One Too Many
Welcome, Zig. That hat you have coming should look very sharp, and in today's retail market, I think it's a very fair price for a new hat.

Zig2k143

Practically Family
Art Fawcett said:
Sorry Zig, I didn't mean to have that sound harsh in any way. It's just that alot of newbies do it & I wanted to head it off at the pass gracefully if I could.

Art I didn't take it as harsh.. Coming from a forum owner myself I totally understand...

If you haven't heard me before you do great work.

Zig2k143

Practically Family
Pilgrim said:
Welcome, Zig. That hat you have coming should look very sharp, and in today's retail market, I think it's a very fair price for a new hat.

Thanks at least I know its not a bad hat. :)

I took my outback hat out in the boat today and it rained hard but the hat stood up really well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot