Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Montecristi

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
Panabob, you always seem to come in to verbal bashings!

It's a bit bemusing.

Anyway, it good to see a retailer on the forum. You are obviously passionate about your craft.

Mr. 'H'.

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
We aren't retailing in the true sense of the word. Meaning= We aren't getting rich off of the backs of some poor people, as many sociopathic people do, in many industries.

aliados

One of the Regulars
To throw my two cents into themix, I recently received virtually the same hat as photobyalan (although I wear my brim turned differently than in his post), and yes, it's a gorgeous hat. I got it for slightly less dough (via eBay) so was expecting some unevenness in the weaving, or marked discoloration in the straw, and damned if I can find any! (There are a few strands which are very slightly pink-toned as compared with the others, but they are woven evenly throughout the entire brim, giving a very nice, patterned effect).

I agree that neither the hat- nor sweat-band is topnotch, but I question whether the increase in price for a US blocked hat would be justified. I'm more than happy with the one I have!

As far as PanamaBob's service goes, I have no complaints -- except that, as I said, I got mine only last week, and isn't there a prohibition against wearing straw in NY after Labor Day (or is it after Hat Day)? Bob did, however, warn that these hats take awhile to deliver.

Based on what you folks had been saying about Bob, by the way, I actually ordered two hats, sight unseen -- and I have no regrets, nor have I any doubt that I will not be disappointed in the next one (a Patron)!

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
I'm thinking that some hatters are telling people not to wear straws now because they want to sell more hats. More power to them. Just got the Cuencas in today so I'll have photos and a small report about them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner