Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Steer HWM

Yup, it's the shoulders that are too wide (and a bit in the torso too)

Pit to pit, front, flat. 26"
Front Zip, top to bottom: 23"
Sleeves, shoulder seam to end of cuff: 26.5"
Shoulders, back, seam to seam: 22"
Back, base of neck to bottom: 26.6"

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Yes its a little wide in the shoulders, and its a little big all over actually as you have to pull in the straps making waves in the leather in the back.

But it does look good. My first reaction was WOW what a beutiful jacket and that the fit was totally ok, specially if you wanted to layer from time to time.

But yeah, as much as it hurts to give up this beautiful specimen, it probably will never feel right. Too bad. Good luck on the next one!

D

Deleted member 16736

Looks good, Butte. If you don't mind the shoulders, wear it. Otherwise, swap it for something else.

Trying to sell, and have one attempt in for a swap. We'll see how things go. Hate to sell it, but it's too big without layers, and I do live in SoCal after all... :(

billyb

Familiar Face
As usual...the chest, arms, and shoulders are good to go, the length is 2"-3" too long. For me at least...

Last edited:

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
If it were 2-3" shorter, it'd look like a tube top! lol

I agree. I was going to say that 23 inches (in front) is pretty short, aren't you about six feet five? Nevertheless you look good in a Highwayman and that one was pretty cool if a little large.

Thanks Seb. Had I need to layer, I'd keep it.

*edit. I put on a sweatshirt today and there's no way it would fit if it were any smaller. Heck, I might keep it. A sweater would work great too. I'll take some pics and show you fellas to see what you think. My problem is a wider top and 35" waist. I have to find something that's not too tight up top without being a parachute down below...

Last edited:

Windward

Practically Family
I agree. I was going to say that 23 inches (in front) is pretty short, aren't you about six feet five? Nevertheless you look good in a Highwayman and that one was pretty cool if a little large.

Pretty short ? - Hm...it depends ....my Windward's are all 21" in front lenght and cover my belt...and just to mentions I am not a dwarf with 5'10"/178cm.

oldcrow82

One of the Regulars
Thanks Seb. Had I need to layer, I'd keep it.

*edit. I put on a sweatshirt today and there's no way it would fit if it were any smaller. Heck, I might keep it. A sweater would work great too. I'll take some pics and show you fellas to see what you think. My problem is a wider top and 35" waist. I have to find something that's not too tight up top without being a parachute down below...

That's my problem with the highwayman pattern. I have one on order with mark that is a 36 in the shoulders, an inch added to the length, but an inch subtracted from the body and the diameter of the sleeves. I am slightly worried about pushing the pattern too far, crossing my fingers this works. I will post pics when it shows up (who knows when that will be. I'm on month 7 currently).

smoz

One of the Regulars
While I agree that the shoulders could be a little slimmer I think that nevertheless it fits well, I would be inclined to hold on to it.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Pretty short ? - Hm...it depends ....my Windward's are all 21" in front lenght and cover my belt...and just to mentions I am not a dwarf with 5'10"/178cm.

Well, Butte is around 6 to 7 inches taller than you with only 2 inches longer in the body - sounds too short. I have to say Winward this is personal taste. For me your jackets are much shorter than I would wear them. ;)

billyb

Familiar Face
If it were 2-3" shorter, it'd look like a tube top!

Sorry Butte, I meant it would fit me if it were 2" - 3" shorter...then I might be interested. Definitely not too long for you.

billyb

Familiar Face
I swore to myself I would never buy another used or off-the-shelf jacket...only made to measure since I have such an odd build and always end up disappointed...but I like the jacket. What's the measurement across the bottom?

I swore to myself I would never buy another used or off-the-shelf jacket...only made to measure since I have such an odd build and always end up disappointed...but I like the jacket. What's the measurement across the bottom?

I'll get the measurement.
You'd never know this wasn't new. No joke. I'm torn on it. If I wear it, it will look and be used. If I keep it tucked away, it will remain as new and I can sell it as such.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn