Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New teamster ... Perfect

Dav

One Too Many
Welcome to the Teamster owners club Fanch :eusa_clap, jacket looks stunning and a great fit to boot, congratulations, enjoy breaking it in! :)

Davy Crockett

A-List Customer
Great jacket Fanch, fit is perfect and the style suits you, I always think the longer jackets are more versatile and that brown FQHH, wow!

D

Plumbline

One Too Many
Nice ... now the real work begins .... lets see if you're brave enough to adopt the wet towel and tumble drier technique :) ( for the record I never have :) :) :) )

schitzo

Suspended
No need, this FQHH breaks in easy. I found with my recent herc that some simple arm stretching in all directions for about 20 mins permanently softened up the leather in that area

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
Schitzo, would you mind posting a link to a YouTube video of yourself demonstrating these moves. Call it "Aero Tai Chi"

schitzo

Suspended
Schitzo, would you mind posting a link to a YouTube video of yourself demonstrating these moves. Call it "Aero Tai Chi"

ahah I like it!

I like it very much and when the next one comes I'm definitely gonna try my best to remember. I'm not joking either. I absolutely want to make this video. Thx Boyo, there'll be a mention for you in my blurb. And if you don mind I may even incorporate this move:

232323232%7Ffp54358%3Enu%3D82%3B9%3E%3B39%3E259%3EWSNRCG%3D3645939%3A%3A534%3Anu0mrj

which I haven't yet thought of a name for..

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
That move is a is a recreation of a native Long Island dance.. Called the "Ta-Dah!!" All the best dancers on Broadway are doing it !

Sorry Fanch!! Still love your Teamster

Cooperson

One Too Many
Perfect! Great fit, great colour hide and the style suits you well. Would love to see again when its broken in a bit. Enjoy!

wild_balls

Practically Family
Great, you must be proud of that one Fanch! Couldn't get more tailored fit than that, simply perfect. After this, I will have a serious talk to myself about this being my next Aero
in line! Congratulations.:eusa_clap

Cheers Joakim

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I have had my Teamster for a couple of weeks now and have worn it to work with slacks and tie on several occasions. My Teamster with regular FQHH continues to feel more flexible and easier to wear than my black vintage FQHH Highwayman. I am particularly fond of the moleskin lining and prefer it over the cotton drill. However, I am glad that I chose cotton drill for sleeve lining rather than moleskin.

The football buttons are very easy to use now. I did have a question regarding the hidden flat buttons between the two layers of HH opposite the football buttons that could also have been designed a bit differently by having the opposing flat button not hidden but opposing the football button on the other side and through both layers of HH, visible when the jacket is open. I think that Lost Worlds designs their buttoned jackets so that the thread goes through both layers of HH. The only advantage would be easier replacement should the thread become frayed or come apart. I will say though that the current placement appears very secure and strong.

I finally got around to having some better pictures shot outside today. This versatile jacket is my all time favorite.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Lookin' good there fella. Sleeve length, shoulders... everything looks fine. Can't see it but what kind of Halfbelt design is that buttons or latch? How's the weight for ya. Mine are heavy as hell till I get em on my shoulders then I'm fine. Looks sweet. But I'm going for something a little lighter in color for my next purchase.

Dave

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Lookin' good there fella. Sleeve length, shoulders... everything looks fine. Can't see it but what kind of Halfbelt design is that buttons or latch? How's the weight for ya. Mine are heavy as hell till I get em on my shoulders then I'm fine. Looks sweet. But I'm going for something a little lighter in color for my next purchase.

Dave

Dave, the side buckles are D-rings and have no slippage, although I haven't tried to cinch it down since my wife likes it better this way. You guys know the drill with that one. ;) The Teamster is not light weight but as heavy as your size 48 as I recall. If you're going for lighter color, might consider russet goat. I plan to go with a Pioneer next but haven't placed an order yet since I can't decide on cordovan FQHH vs. seal brown (or russet) goat vs. brown jerky medium weight horse. Too many choices.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Bedding in beautifully, Fanch. You've the got fit absolutely perfect. I can really recommend the russet goat, btw, the pebbling on the hide is fantastic.

D

Deleted member 16736

Do those pleats serve a functional purpose? Do they help with arm reach?

Jacket looks great. Wear it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy