Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Wested Finally Came

IndianaStan

New in Town
After a six week wait, my latest jacket from Wested finally arrived. If you remember, I ordered a custom Raiders jacket in goatskin back in May and not long after, placed an order for the Kingsman jacket in brown cowhide.

Out of the bag, the jacket is soft and pliable which will make the break-in process a little easier. The underside of the collar and cuffs have tan suede accenting which is a nice touch (the Mister Freedom jacket used in the film has corduroy instead). It also has a silk lining, an extra inside pocket, and sleeve gussets.

Since it’s cowhide, I’m not sure how it will patina compared to my goatskin Indy jacket but either way, I’m very satisfied with how it fits as well. I sized up from a snug 38 to my usual 40 as well as adding half an inch to the sleeves and back of the jacket for a more vintage look.

I attached a pic of it as it currently sits on my coatrack but this month I will be somewhere where the weather is cooler and I’ll update with more pics of it being worn. It’ll also come with a fuller more in-depth review once I get an opportunity to wear it more places than just inside my home.

Has anyone else gotten a Wested jacket that wasn’t an Indy style? If so, what was your experience?

Attachments

• IMG_6066.jpeg
    IMG_6066.jpeg
    517.6 KB · Views: 197
I (briefly) owned a cowhide Skyfall jacket. Personally I didn't care for it. It felt a bit like purse leather and the details of the jacket seemed glossed over.
wested.jpeg

The button cuffs for example were sewn on and couldn't be undone. Not that you ever would but it still felt cheap. They were nice people though and helpful. The jacket just felt too much like a costume piece rather than a real jacket.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I got one of their lambskin blouson jackets for my son around 7 or 8 years ago. It cost $145 at the time, and I (and he) have had no complaints about materials/quality/fit. The only issue with it was that Wested mistakenly shipped us a brown one rather than the black we ordered, so a switheroo was required.

WestedLambskinBlouson.jpg

And of course, I've been wearing my custom lambskin Raiders as my "summer weight" leather for TWENTY years now, and it's held up just great. (Other than when the back panel got torn back in 2006 and required replacement - which Wested did beautifully FOR FREE!)

IndianaStan

New in Town
I (briefly) owned a cowhide Skyfall jacket. Personally I didn't care for it. It felt a bit like purse leather and the details of the jacket seemed glossed over.
View attachment 537014
The button cuffs for example were sewn on and couldn't be undone. Not that you ever would but it still felt cheap. They were nice people though and helpful. The jacket just felt too much like a costume piece rather than a real jacket.
I’m curious, since your posts about this jacket come up most frequently when searching up Wested’s Skyfall, I wanted to ask you how the jacket fit for you? Did you have to size up or down for your body type? Their customer service says to stick with my usual size and that it tapers slightly more than a standard Raiders. What’s your experience with this model’ fit?

If memory serves I ordered a standard size 42" and the fit was a bit too trim to zip comfortably, but that was years ago and maybe the sizing has changed.

IndianaStan

New in Town
If memory serves I ordered a standard size 42" and the fit was a bit too trim to zip comfortably, but that was years ago and maybe the sizing has changed.
Do you think sizing up would make it easier to zip? I currently wear a size 40 and have a 34-35” waist.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner