Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nice heavy CAL LEATHER cross-zip, 42-44

Fiver64

Practically Family
Thank you, Sir!!! It just might! Going to have to look into it. Did score a really heavy Al’s Leather center zip recently that seems to be working for now, so long as I lay off the Buffalo Wings and beer!

Observe

Practically Family
$265 shipped CONUS!
What is the diameter of the cuff fully zipped? Most zip cuffs I've encountered have the full gusset, not a flap, and I'm not sure I'd like this type of cuff unzipped as I feel as though my arm would feel like it was coming out of the sleeve if I moved my arms in certain ways. Do you think the snaps at the back of the neck for the detachable collar would dig into your neck when wearing it? Lastly, are there snaps underneath all 4 collar points? Sorry for the annoying questions, looks like a cool jacket.

Fiver64

Practically Family
Best I can measure, the INSIDE diameter of the zipped sleeve end is 9-9 1/4". The flap in the sleeve has never been an issue. It's actually how most of the BUCOs and other vintage jacket sleeves were made. IT actually cuts down on the bunching up of the folded full gussets. As for the snaps, yes, each of the 4 points of the collar/lapel snaps down, and no, the snaps on the back don't dig in at all. Any other questions, feel free to ask! These are built to be actual police motor jackets. Thick, heavy leather that can take any beating!

Observe

Practically Family
Best I can measure, the INSIDE diameter of the zipped sleeve end is 9-9 1/4". The flap in the sleeve has never been an issue. It's actually how most of the BUCOs and other vintage jacket sleeves were made. IT actually cuts down on the bunching up of the folded full gussets. As for the snaps, yes, each of the 4 points of the collar/lapel snaps down, and no, the snaps on the back don't dig in at all. Any other questions, feel free to ask! These are built to be actual police motor jackets. Thick, heavy leather that can take any beating!
Thanks for the detailed reply. I appreciate your insight into the function of the zippered sleeve. I assume I could just use rawhide boot laces for the side adjustments.

tommy200821

New in Town
Hey! Not sure if this has been asked, but is this steer or HH? Do you have a year on it? It's modern, correct?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko