Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nice jacket at a good price

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
I had one like that years back that was brown & black two tone. It was way before I knew of FL, and perhaps before it ever existed. I foolishly sold it off somewhere around 2003 and have missed it since. The two-tone made it pretty special. It was a very heavy jacket and seemed very well built. This is a great find for the price.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Yes, they even discuss 4.5 - 5.0 oz Steerhide.
Kind of wish there were more details, and photos of the backs of the jackets.

Still any "Horsehide" M/C jacket for $499 new may well be worth a purchase & review.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
US Co. Is a great company. They make excellent product for the price. I will rate them better quality than Schott in their motorcycle items. The leather in their vest and chaps are in the lines of TRD and Old Vansons comp leather. The items I own from them have top of the line talon zips. This particular model is not my style. But, I have seen this type of jacket on the flesh and the jacket is top quality. To be honest, these jackets remind me of the Johnsons leathers I have. Same type of leather and quality. The patch of this jacket is also OUTSTANDING. Top HD quality. The patch alone sells for over 50 dollars. JMHO...

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
US Co. Is a great company. They make excellent product for the price. I will rate them better quality than Schott in their motorcycle items. The leather in their vest and chaps are in the lines of TRD and Old Vansons comp leather. The items I own from them have top of the line talon zips. This particular model is not my style. But, I have seen this type of jacket on the flesh and the jacket is top quality. To be honest, these jackets remind me of the Johnsons leathers I have. Same type of leather and quality. The patch of this jacket is also OUTSTANDING. Top HD quality. The patch alone sells for over 50 dollars. JMHO...
Totally disagree.....They aren't anywhere close to the quality of Schott or Vanson. Except maybe when Vanson puts out a batch of their crap Comp Weight now and again. Never had any Johnson Leather jackets but their probably no where near them either.

Last edited:

JohnS33931

One of the Regulars
Totally disagree.....They aren't anywhere close to the quality of Schott or Vanson. Except maybe when Vanson puts out a batch of their crap Comp Weight now and again. Never had any Johnson Leather jackets but their probably no where near them either.
I’ve never touched a Schott, but I don’t think that they are as well made as Vanson.
That said, I’ve never had one squeak like my Vanson Firenze does.
Have had hanging threads very often, but thats not a big deal.
I have at least a dozen of their jackets made for me, but dropped a lot of weight, so most are too big for me now.

Fiver64

Practically Family
I've handled a couple of US <ADE over the years, and IMHO they are pretty good. Not top of the heap like Langlitz or Aero, etc, but good value for the price. I found them to be on-par with Hillside, Fox Creek and Branded. Good stuff that keeps away the road rash without breaking the bank. Plus they can be had very cheaply on used market!

Bluechel

Practically Family
I’ve never touched a Schott, but I don’t think that they are as well made as Vanson.
That said, I’ve never had one squeak like my Vanson Firenze does.
Have had hanging threads very often, but thats not a big deal.
I have at least a dozen of their jackets made for me, but dropped a lot of weight, so most are too big for me now.
What size are you? Time to sell some?

JohnS33931

One of the Regulars
I may try to sell some. But I’m in Florida for a couple weeks and the jackets are in MA.
They probably range from 50 - 54.
I always bought by what felt comfortable not what looked like a perfect (tight to me) fit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ